Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nikon Spur for IPSC Production Optics on a CZ Shadow 2 OR

Expired Business Member

Nikon Spur for IPSC Production Optics on a CZ Shadow 2 OR

With uncompromising performance that shrugs off weather, recoil—and is easy on batteries, the new P-TACTICAL SPUR might be the perfect optic for your carbine, pistol or shotgun. Its lightweight body is shockproof, waterproof (IPX7) and boasts 15,000 hours of continuous use on a single battery. An extra-wide field of view, 1x optics and unlimited eye relief aid in quick target acquisition, while Nikon’s “TRUCOLOR” coating minimizes the bluish tint common to reflex sights. The P-TACTICAL SPUR’s 3 MOA dot is adjustable to 10 levels of brightness—the initial two of which are night vision compatible. On virtually any platform you mount it on, P-TACTICAL SPUR will be ready to serve you well.

One of the biggest issues of all these new micro optics is mounting them on a pistol. Rifles are not an issue, if you have a Picatinny rail. Short of custom milling your slide there is not usually an option due to their proprietary mounting screw locations.

So we decided to experiment with a Nikon Spur for IPSC Production Optics on a CZ Shadow 2 OR, and from initial evaluations, we think we succeeded by re-purposing a Shadow 2 OR plate.

Name:  MHBB7616.jpg
Views: 1835
Size:  56.1 KB
    Name:  OZPR3977.jpg
Views: 1842
Size:  48.8 KB
    Name:  TOMX9813.jpg
Views: 1840
Size:  40.2 KB

The overall optical footprint is larger than most, and due to the frame being so thin, the shooter's view should be minimally obstructed.

Looking forward to test firing, range report to follow.

Expired Business Member
    compared to a Vortex Venom

Name:  IMG_5127.jpg
Views: 1835
Size:  36.2 KB

hi I have a Nikon Spur and I would like to fit on my Cz shadow 2 OR like you showed here SO have you done testing ? and what price it would sell?
    Here a pic of my X5 project :
    The Romeo 1 from sig has the same location holes as the Nikon but the Nikon was longer so I had to remove some material of the front of the nikon to sit perfectly took me 10 min

Name:  CF9CAEB5-0C1F-412B-A959-954D898369FC.jpg
Views: 1712
Size:  145.2 KB
    Last edited by s2000ron; 09-06-2019 at 04:51 AM.

Just heard from EGW down in PA that they will be making the pistol plates for Novak cut and Glock cut for Nikon Spur: please order them for sales in Canada!

We have a Nikon Spur here and we are going to offer an adapter plate for it that will fit the Novak cut and a Glock cut. If those sell well we will look into making it to fit other guns. They are still a few months out right now but we will be making them.

Thank you,
    Al

Evolution Gun Works Inc
    52 Belmont ave
    Quakertown Pa 18951
    www.egwguns.com
    Since 1991
    215 538 1012

Quote Originally Posted by Ezhang128 View Post
    Just heard from EGW down in PA that they will be making the pistol plates for Novak cut and Glock cut for Nikon Spur: please order them for sales in Canada!

We have a Nikon Spur here and we are going to offer an adapter plate for it that will fit the Novak cut and a Glock cut. If those sell well we will look into making it to fit other guns. They are still a few months out right now but we will be making them.

Thank you,
    Al

Evolution Gun Works Inc
    52 Belmont ave
    Quakertown Pa 18951
    www.egwguns.com
    Since 1991
    215 538 1012
    I’d be down for one of these as well! Had the Spur for about a year and I’m very impressed so far! Would love to try it on a pistol!

I need a plate for a novak cut as well.

Expired Business Member
    from what we have seen, with minimal modification you can use a plate for a Delta Point

Just got the plate on my CZ Shadow: works great except adjusting for windage is a pain since the fit is so tight! Any suggestions?

great to see, these are amazing sights. I have one on a DP12 that fires off 16 slugs in a row on the regular. never lost its zero. you can't miss with the damn thing.

Tagged!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast