Best semi-auto .50 BMG? We certainly think so...

Nice looking however, with the reciprocating barrel I would be concerned with long range accuracy, say 2,000 meters and/or maintaining long range accuracy which is what .50 cal browning is all about

What sort of life cycle to maintain accuracy?

I am part owner of one of these rifles. Fit, finish and attention to detail are immediately noticeable when you handle this firearm..... and there is a lot to look at. She is a formidable beast :evil:
If you haven't handled or fired one you really can't pass judgement.
My friend who was the original purchaser could elaborate more on specifics of accuracy , loads ect.
I shoot the ammo he brings and pay my fair share. I've smashed a large cantelope at 1000M and frozen milk jugs as well.
Haven't fired it at 2000m but I'll enquire if my friend has.
Still a bit heavy to shoulder fire for a little guy like me but it's surprisingly do-able LOL

almost as much fun as I've had with my pants on for sure.

question I have is.... in the first video posted , I swear I know the guy with out the tactical gear on LOL was that filmed in Canada?

I am part owner of one of these rifles. Fit, finish and attention to detail are immediately noticeable when you handle this firearm..... and there is a lot to look at. She is a formidable beast :evil:
If you haven't handled or fired one you really can't pass judgement.
My friend who was the original purchaser could elaborate more on specifics of accuracy , loads ect.
I shoot the ammo he brings and pay my fair share. I've smashed a large cantelope at 1000M and frozen milk jugs as well.
Haven't fired it at 2000m but I'll enquire if my friend has.
Still a bit heavy to shoulder fire for a little guy like me but it's surprisingly do-able LOL

almost as much fun as I've had with my pants on for sure.

question I have is.... in the first video posted , I swear I know the guy with out the tactical gear on LOL was that filmed in Canada?

Hunting antelope or cantelope at 1000 is impressive

Hunting antelope or cantelope at 1000 is impressive

I went down a rabbit hole reading about plastic sabots for 50bmg that carry a .338 bullet and the hunting some guys do with 50 bmg.
personally I just like the destructive power and boom factor. It's absolutely a "toy" for blowing up stuff.
I want to get a camera I can put down range and capture images at impact. We freeze colored water in 5 gallon pails then dump out the block of ice. So we aren't blowing up buckets and leaving plastic trash everywhere. Those look awesome when they explode. Shooting fruit is fun too but I've only hit the cantelope once. Watermelons are much easier..... frozen colored ice blocks are much cheaper :)

Nice looking however, with the reciprocating barrel I would be concerned with long range accuracy, say 2,000 meters and/or maintaining long range accuracy which is what .50 cal browning is all about

What sort of life cycle to maintain accuracy?

Accuracy is sub-MOA with match grade ammunition. BArrel is good for 5k rounds, however spare barrels can be ordered and are installed easily without gunsmith

You could use an offset scope mount and shoot it with the left eye from the right shoulder if your right eye really isn't up to it.

I am part owner of one of these rifles

It's great to hear from a real world owner. Any issues or shortcomings?
That action opening is huge, does it get dirty easy or have you seen any malfunction issues?
Do you remember the weight of the bullet you were firing and what do you tihnk of the recoil?

I've always loved these rifles but as a lefty having to wear a full face shield may screw up my cheek weld Haha. I'm glad the video showed the cqb capability, definitely viable for home defence ;)

It's great to hear from a real world owner. Any issues or shortcomings?
That action opening is huge, does it get dirty easy or have you seen any malfunction issues?
Do you remember the weight of the bullet you were firing and what do you tihnk of the recoil?

I can't think of any short comings except the price of extra mags but that is what it is I guess.
remembering to close the action before putting a loaded mag in is one thing that bugs me as the action closes and chambers a round when the mag is inserted. apparently this is normal.
I think the last trip out we were shooting home rolled 660grain but there have been a few different loadings.
Recoil is like a rolling shove that ends as soon as the bolt and barrel begin to reciprocate forward.
I do notice the last shot in the mag has more recoil though so if I'm standing I lean into the last one a little.
Being 160 pounds soaking wet makes this rifle kinda hard for me to handle attempting any kind of "CQB" type funning around but i'm okay with that.
Some of the ammo we have run that were home rolls had some issues with ejection but my friend go that adjusted on the press and no issues since that I'm aware of.
The rifle lives with my friend in Edson alberta and i'm 7 hrs away in bc so I'm not always around when it's being fired.

Back
Top Bottom