Page 17 of 67 FirstFirst ... 79101112131415161718192021222324252737 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW! NEW! GSG-16 Non-Restricted NEW! NEW! Official Canadian Importer

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by onetwentyish View Post
    Actually if the manufacturer and importer willing to work with us a fixed stock version doesn't have any requirement for either barrel length or overall length so I fixed open PDW MP5K like version that's non-restricted is possible if assembled that way from Factory.
    Or if a third party develops a conversion kit which includes fixed stock + shorter barrel that meets OAL requirements for NR.

Youza.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Youzawhale View Post
    Or if a third party develops a conversion kit which includes fixed stock + shorter barrel that meets OAL requirements for NR.

Youza.
    How are the barrels even affixed? If it's an interference fit, it'd be a huge hassle.
    If you're going through hell, keep going.

pre-ordered. Gonna be fun!
    "We are not the kind of country where politicians get to tell the police what to do in operational matters" - Trudeau in Munich, February 17 2020...

CF, CCFR, CSSA, NFA, JP, AF&AM

is someome going to make a 9mm conversion kit~!? lol can i dream?

CGN Regular
    You need to inport those 110rounds drum magazine too.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer philhut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 8bolts View Post
    You need to inport those 110rounds drum magazine too.
    I want one as well. I have run the GSG15 rifle through its paces and its run like a champ and its is more accurate than it should be with a Norinco scope.

Tenda priced them at 459.99$ is that the official price?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Youzawhale View Post

Youza.
    You're correct that even an after-market or home job would be non-restricted as long as the overall length remain above 26in with a fixed stock. However if you read my post a little more carefully I was suggesting that Blue Line Imports them with a fixed stock and short barrel and they would not be subject to overall length requirements either there for you could theoretically have a 20in or so OAL non-restricted rifle. Same idea as the Ranch Hand or KSG-Tactical which both hold NR statuses.

The key to having a NR status while being sub 26" is that it must not be a semi-auto centerfire, it must have a fixed stock, and it has to come assembled in such configuration from factory. Any after the fact conversion, fixed stock or not, would make it restricted.
    Last edited by onetwentyish; 08-04-2019 at 09:09 PM.
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

Quote Originally Posted by onetwentyish View Post
    You're correct that even an after-market or home job would be non-restricted as long as the overall length remain above 26in with a fixed stock. However if you read my post a little more carefully I was suggesting that Blue Line Imports them with a fixed stock and short barrel and they would not be subject to overall length requirements either there for you could theoretically have a 20in or so OAL non-restricted rifle. Same idea as the Ranch Hand or KSG-Tactical which both hold NR statuses.

The key to having a NR status while being sub 26" is that it must not be a semi-auto centerfire, it must have a fixed stock, and it has to come assembled in such configuration from factory. Any after the fact conversion, fixed stock or not, would make it restricted.
    if there were the case, the fixed stock gsg5 with the 16" barrel had an OAL of 35.5". Even at that config, 35.5 -26= 9" Therotically, you can lop 9" off that barrel and still be NR. 16"-9"=7".

ooooo i am getting excited now.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    Already hearing the irritating slap the mall ninjas will do at every range. That, and that 1000 yard state they will give. Shutter.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.