Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Understanding the FRT classification process.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Standingtall View Post
    BLS was just making it well own that you cant get warranty work done through them if the didnt import it... makes sense. Cant expect to purchase one from Irunguns through their U.S source and expect them to do the warranty work for free.
    Respectfully, thats not "all" BLS was doing. They were clearly taking shots at IRG as if it was unfair to them that they would sell the rifle. They were also making it sound like having submitted the gun to the lab and waiting for the FRT was somehow super difficult and involving, and that people should feel bad buying from a retailer who didn't initiate the process . Which is of course nonsense.

And for the record, you still get manufacturer's warranty through IRG.

Youza.

Irunguns keeps the market fair by offering access to a larger market. Imagine the mark up on prices here if we didn't have access to American pricing. We've all witnessed price gouging here.

Quote Originally Posted by Youzawhale View Post
    Respectfully, thats not "all" BLS was doing. They were clearly taking shots at IRG as if it was unfair to them that they would sell the rifle. They were also making it sound like having submitted the gun to the lab and waiting for the FRT was somehow super difficult and involving, and that people should feel bad buying from a retailer who didn't initiate the process . Which is of course nonsense.

And for the record, you still get manufacturer's warranty through IRG.

Youza.
    you will get warranty serviced by the distributor in the US which may or may not be more costly and complicated, probably the latter. Might also not be covered by local consumer protection laws as well.

I think that more options are always good, however you need to understand what you are getting into.

CGN Regular
    You are reading WAY too much into it in my opinion. And if you buy one from a dealer that sourced it from BLS, I can guarantee IRG will not warranty it. Same as if you buy on from IRG, BLS will not warranty it. BLS is the official Canadian distributor, so IRG is a grey market importer in Canada for these... its fact, get over it.

We are not a grey market importer, we have opened the US market to the Canadian buyer, there is a difference.

We could not warranty their firearms as we were not the original exporter of said rifle. There are exemptions within the ITAR that allow us to expedite the sold products back to the Manufacturer for warranty or repair using the same export licenses that were used in the first place. As for warranty everyone has the assumption that it is a free service. The dealer or warranty center gets paid very well for servicing or repairing your firearm under warranty, they even get paid on parts markup. Personally, from a business standpoint if we had the ability to service or warranty everything we would.

It's very profitable, look at car dealership for instance, a good service center can have a 90 to 115% absorption rate... How do you think they pay for everything, they don't pay curtailments and for 20 million dollar building on the sale of cars. I have never seen a dealership say they won't warranty your car because you didn't buy it from them. Jesus, they are filled with Service Advisers selling you everything you don't need.

The IRUNGUNS Team

Quote Originally Posted by Standingtall View Post
    You are reading WAY too much into it in my opinion. And if you buy one from a dealer that sourced it from BLS, I can guarantee IRG will not warranty it. Same as if you buy on from IRG, BLS will not warranty it. BLS is the official Canadian distributor, so IRG is a grey market importer in Canada for these... its fact, get over it.
    Last edited by IRUNGUNS; 08-02-2019 at 04:18 PM.

Flat rate shipping to Canada is 25.00USD on all accessory and ammunition orders regardless of quantities ordered. Firearms are exported to Canada at a flat rate of 25.00USD per firearm.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

Free market in my eyes. The other company made their efforts known in obtaining the FRT, after that it’s up to the consumer to decide. For some that extra effort deserves business, even if it’s a few bucks more- for others not so much.
    CSSA and CCFR member

For all the people defending BLS, do you think they would have priced this firearm in the 400’s if IRG wasn’t offering them at the US price? No. These are businesses, not charities. Neither BLS or IRG are here to make friends.

I like to support Canadian business when I can, but I will not waste money doing so. If a cheaper option is available to me I will take it.

Hoping to see the Kel Tec CMR 30 NR soon. Waiting to get one asap.
    Travis Kay
    Proverbs 4:27
    http://www.traviskay.ca [laughably dated]
    http://linkedin.com/in/kaytravis

Super GunNutz
    Blue line made it appear as if you wouldn’t get warranty if you bought it fromIRG.
    Kinda like when the Stag came to market.
    Also they said they had 10 years tied up in it,lots of money and time..

Then a couple of posts later it was 5 years.

They can go pound sand

Quote Originally Posted by Wal-Mart Greeter View Post
    For all the people defending BLS, do you think they would have priced this firearm in the 400’s if IRG wasn’t offering them at the US price? No. These are businesses, not charities. Neither BLS or IRG are here to make friends.

I like to support Canadian business when I can, but I will not waste money doing so. If a cheaper option is available to me I will take it.
    BLS GSG15 is priced at $499, and that's not available in the U.S, so I don't see why would the GSG16 be more expensive. Blue Line is usually good with prices, and their line of products have always been budget friendly and competitive. That whole argument if IRG was not bringing in guns is bologny, customers pay what they pay ... When I buy jeans, I buy the ones I can afford, not one's that I can't. Same with guns.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast