Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1 Room Living Gun Storage?

where do you live and what do you do that you were able to buy a house at 19.....looking to buy a place

Super Moderator
    Sounds as if you are living in a student residence or a half-way house.
    Are there any institutional rules about possessing firearms?
    As far as the legal requirements for storage of non-restricted firearms, your questions have been answered. Wasn't storage covered when you did your PAL course?
    You have another thread running on self defence with a firearm. Is this why you are thinking about a biometric lock on your cabinet? Rapid access without a key or spinning a combination dial?

in regards to your post.

if ur asking for bare minimums for non-restricted,
    Im not a lawyer, but technically if you stuffed it between your mattress you'd be fine as your room/apartment should easily qualify as a difficult room to break into (id suggest 2 locks on ur door tho, like your handle and a deadbolt) but this would all be for your lawyer to argue in court. all tho i wouldn't recommend going this route.

play it safe, if i were you id put a trigger lock on it at the minimum (all my guns . have trigger locks), and id also put it in a lockable container. legitimately don't waist ur time on biometric locks as their not fool proof, and there are easier ways to get into a container/safe besides dealing with the lock at all.

also reference the RCMPS website (http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/f...posage-eng.htm) when ever you have a question, as laws change and you cant remember everything you were taught in your pall course.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer maple_leaf_eh's Avatar
    I had a similar living arrangement with even less key control for a while - army barracks. I had a couple of hardside cases for long guns and hand guns, some cables, a good quality key padlock, and a couple of 1/4" thick eyebolts. My safe-from-theft mechanism was my provided solid oak bedstead.

There are lots of Youtubes and *.gifs of specialty furniture gunsafes. Unless you are able to buy or build a piece of custom furniture, use what you've got.
    Jean Charest after coming a distant second to Pierre Poilievre. “You deserve a clean slate and the opportunity to unite the membership. ... Only Liberals benefit from a divided (Conservative Party).” Will the malcontents listen?

Quote Originally Posted by maple_leaf_eh View Post
    I had a similar living arrangement with even less key control for a while - army barracks. I had a couple of hardside cases for long guns and hand guns, some cables, a good quality key padlock, and a couple of 1/4" thick eyebolts. My safe-from-theft mechanism was my provided solid oak bedstead.

There are lots of Youtubes and *.gifs of specialty furniture gunsafes. Unless you are able to buy or build a piece of custom furniture, use what you've got.
    Firearms are prohibited in quarters on every Base in Canada.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer maple_leaf_eh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Georgian Pistol View Post
    Nope. Maybe in your experience, but not mine.
    Jean Charest after coming a distant second to Pierre Poilievre. “You deserve a clean slate and the opportunity to unite the membership. ... Only Liberals benefit from a divided (Conservative Party).” Will the malcontents listen?

Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    Your understanding of sarcasm is poor. This is a Newbie forum, new people looking for help don't need your sad attempt at humor.
    Gotcha... So if you are a veteran CGNer you should only take legal advice from a lawyer but a newby should only listen to unqualified idiots such as yourself. Sounds like a double standard to me. If you think that I am what is wrong with the gun community, take a hard look in the mirror... Oh wait, you're from the GTA so chances are you would just end up admiring yourself and forget the point of the excercise.

Quote Originally Posted by Garaldtao View Post
    Gotcha... So if you are a veteran CGNer you should only take legal advice from a lawyer but a newby should only listen to unqualified idiots such as yourself. Sounds like a double standard to me. If you think that I am what is wrong with the gun community, take a hard look in the mirror... Oh wait, you're from the GTA so chances are you would just end up admiring yourself and forget the point of the excercise.
    Geraldtao…..You will be redirected to the anger management forum in 30 seconds !!!
    I live in a country where we cast votes with a pencil !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Georgian Pistol View Post
    In my experience the barracks were full of interesting items... Don't ask don't tell seemed to be policy

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by maple_leaf_eh View Post

How did you manage to pass "Stand by Bed" (aka room inspection) by the RSM ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast