Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 1 Room Living Gun Storage?

Quote Originally Posted by Georgian Pistol View Post
    Firearms are prohibited in quarters on every Base in Canada.
    legally possessed firearms can be stored in PMQ if you live in the shacks, you can have them there too. I asked.
    CCFR

CGN Ultra frequent flyer cement head's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriotbrass View Post
    I live in a bachelor room. I'm not gonna say bachelor apartment, because it's a room. My building is set up like an apartment building, with a long hallway where there are rooms on either side with a number on their door. There are two shared kitchens and 6 shared bathrooms in the building. Rent is cheap and I'm a young guy so I'm not complaining. There is not a lot of room to put a gun safe in here. Ideally I would get a biometric safe and put it under my bed for my gsg-15, or maybe get one of those hidden safes called tactical walls. the only reason i would go with these options is because i simply do not have the room for a huge gun safe, plus, tactical wall safes are pretty damn cool. but if i cannot fit a safe, does my room count as a locked room? there is only one room in my apartment, because my apartment is a room, my room has it's own address and mailbox, so since the whole thing is a locked room, if i'm storing non restricted am i good as long as i stash my mags in a container? can i just put the firearm in a box under my bed with the trigger locked? what is your recommendation?

Have you ever seen those heavy duty storage boxes for construction sites which when the lid is closed you have to put a padlock on from the front . in which case they are set up so you can't cut the lock off because they are hidden. you could paint one of those in a drab colours and place it in a corner of your room and if someone asks it's a storage container . don't advertise that you have firearms . as in keep quiet . as for mags you can store them with you firearms . keep ammo separate in say a tool box and you can place that in a closet if you have one . you should screw the firearm storage container to the floor so it can't be carried away.

plus if you have wifi in your place get a wifi camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Garaldtao View Post
    I can't relate... I bought my first house at 19. So based on my experience, I would say buy a house, start with 1 safe, move to 3 and then build a vault and use the 3 safes as ammo storage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    Well la-de-da, aren't you just a superstar. That's super helpful advice for a young guy that's new to our sport.

Not everyone has the means to purchase a home of their own, I'm sure he would if he could.
    I was thinking the same thing! Talk about blowing your own horn!

Try to give a useful meaningful response as opposed to blowing your own horn on the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by garaldtao View Post
    i can't relate... I bought my first house at 19. So based on my experience, i would say buy a house, start with 1 safe, move to 3 and then build a vault and use the 3 safes as ammo storage.
    yes. This is the right way.

Under the bed with a trigger lock, idealy in a gun case that is also locked. That should be enough. Ammo in a drawer or small lockbox. Sure it might get stolen, then again that is what insurance is for.

CGN frequent flyer
    BLR take-down for discrete transport down the hall/elevator

Bed with a box frame base ? easy to hollow out a space with a lid that is under the sheets so to speak
    Never say 'whoa' in the middle of a mud hole.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123