Wild West Shooting Centre

Expired Business Member
2C381AEF-469A-47C6-96C8-4C3DC0399C54.jpg

Woohoo, in stock now

Attachments

• 2C381AEF-469A-47C6-96C8-4C3DC0399C54.jpg
    2C381AEF-469A-47C6-96C8-4C3DC0399C54.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 3,133
So now that HK is going bankrupt all of a sudden they are interested in stocking up dealers for civilian sales...

Youza.

They look like repro frames, HK doesn't whiten the serial number part or leave the other side blank without the warning marking.

The sale of these rifles has nothing to do with Heckler and Koch aside from the initial production of the G36 parts whenever that occurred. These are not HK-assembled and proof-tested G36 rifles (note the lack of Proof-Marks), but rather they are "parts guns", assembled from non-controlled parts kits that were easily acquired from numerous EU arms sellers and surplus companies. The only "controlled parts" in a G36 prior to September 2018 were the barrel and Bolt, the remainder was just "parts". So companies like Tactical Imports bought up non-controlled G36 parts kits, and in the past they sourced genuine HK Barrels and Bolts out of the US through HK Parts.net to complete the Non-Restricted "E" model G36 withn18.6" Barrel. The supply of parts kits is apparently plentiful, as 200 were purchased by at least one Canadian company prior to September last year when the EU export laws changed to become more restrictive. However, the supply of genuine HK Cold-Hammer-Forged G36E Barrels and Bolts has now dried up, necessitating the production of after-market parts such as Walther-Lothar button-rifled "match" Barrels and US-made Bolts. The reßult is these "mixmaster" G36 rifles built with parts from various sources and no HK pedigree aside from the production of most parts (along with B+T rails, Walther USA Barrels and GSG-9/HKParts.net Bolts). Hence the lower $7K price for rifles likely costing the importer/assembler around $4K landed complete.
- Bartok5. No warranty nor manual as I understand it.

So...8000 dollar junk with some chinesium bolt? Lol

Well no. The USA made bolts are very well made and used extensively as a 922r compliance part for the US folks doing conversions.

The barrels aren't going to have the longevity of an HK barrel, but theoretically should be more accurate being Lothar Walther. They are exceptionally well made barrels (think of the WA2000)

The barrels aren't going to have the longevity of an HK barrel, but theoretically should be more accurate being Lothar Walther. They are exceptionally well made barrels (think of the WA2000)

This all assumes that the Walther barrels have been properly stress-relieved through heat or cryo-treatment after having been profiled to G36E dimensions by a contracted company here in Canada. I have had the unfortunate experience of owning several after-market HK Barrels which were utter garbage in the accuracy department - an HK 416 clone Barrel Assembly and an HK G36K Forend. Both were sourced from (you guessed it), HKParts.net.

So, my experience suggests that mediocre aftermarket HK Barrels are a very real possibility. I am not saying that this is the case here, but caution would be prudent. I'd want to accuracy-test the new aftermarket barrel in my very expensive new rifle without delay. I was able to squeeze honest 2 MOA, 5-round groups at 100m out of my G36E with it's ferociously heavy trigger, back when I owned one. That was elbows on a bench, using 62gr greentip surplus. I'd say that is a reasonable accuracy baseline for any G36 fired under similar circumstances. I'd settle for 2" and hope for better as a trade-off for the shorter service life of the Walther Barrel.

Last edited:
Hopefully one of the few who have one will do a review for us....
Or better yet, Wild West can do a review and then sell same rifle at a "demo" price.

Just a not so subliminal idea plant ☺

My sources tell me there was 200+ parts kits imported.

Why do all the ads keep saying “Only a couple units available” ? They must mean only a couple hundred available.

Back
Top Bottom