GSG-16 First Hands On in Canada

bfiles

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
Super GunNutz
Rating - 99%
413   4   3
Well, with the whole GSG16 fiasco going on and all the pre orders etc... I was kindly contacted from Jason (owner of IRG) if I wanted the first GSG16 in the country.

Of course to my astonishment I said yes (that was late last week) and to my wonderful postie, I had the FIRST GSG16 in my hands today!!!!

Let's just say........ I FREAKING LOVE THIS LITTLE PLASTIC GUN.

First off the unboxing

20190807-110151.jpg

All the nifty goodies put into the box from IRG (Thank you)!!!

20190807-110218.jpg

And behold all in her glory!!!!

20190807-105753.jpg

20190807-105809.jpg

Now, it's time to see what this beauty looks like with no rails attached, rails are held in by 2 torx screws. With the rails off there wre 2 tabs the hold in the rail so it's not completely flush on the handguard once rails are removed

20190807-114940.jpg

Then being a lefty I decided to swap over the charging handle to the right side.
This is simply done by taking off the upper front rail (2 torx screws) and removing a Philips head screw that holds the charging handle in:

20190807-114040.jpg

Now the GSG16 comes with a variety of front sights, I opted to remove the black post sight for the painted dot front sight. To remove the front sight you just need to back off the set screw and slide out the front sight

20190807-115922.jpg

And how she looks now

20190807-115942.jpg

Figured it was time to break down and clean it for my "hopefully" weekend range trip.

Take down is not very complicated, few small things to watch out for and the manual explains it 10x better the I could so no need in me typing that up.

Once completely broken down this is all the parts

20190807-120619.jpg

And here it is fresh as a daisy

20190807-122551.jpg

And now part of the NON RESTRICTED SMG family!!!
(B&T GHM9 & Sig MPX both NON RESTRICTED)

20190807-123807.jpg

Now as much as I love having something new right away (as we have all been waiting years for this) I also like to support and help our Canadian dealers/importers etc... so that being said and as much I love this rifle I will be buying a 2nd one for my wife from one of our canadian dealers aswell!!!!

Just wanted to say a HUGE THANK YOU to Jason and the IRG gang for seriously hooking me up this time. Keep up the great work ladies and gentlemen and thanks for being apart of our community too not too mention your service (mind you calling in is super hard at times) is some of the best!!!

Last edited:
Damn YOU!!!!

My order is in, but will be on the truck from the US still!

Looks amazing I can't wait!

Well, with the whole GSG16 fiasco going on and all the pre orders etc... I was kindly contacted from Jason (owner of IRG) if I wanted the first GSG16 in the country.

Of course to my astonishment I said yes (that was late last week) and to my wonderful postie, I had the FIRST GSG16 in my hands today!!!!

Let's just say........ I FREAKING LOVE THIS LITTLE PLASTIC GUN.

How does it feel? Always weary of plastic, but some have been a great surprise.

It has that poly feel to it for sure but it doesnt feel airsoft cheap or anything like that.

I'll get a range report once I'm feeling better and have a chance.

From all the US videos I've seen on it, it runs great. And if it's anything like my old stg44 or mp40 (those things were flawless) it will be damn good

Back
Top Bottom