Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lovie Tavor Course, Oshawa, Aug 31st - Sept 1st

Thumbs up Lovie Tavor Course, Oshawa, Aug 31st - Sept 1st

https://seminars.taccomcanada.com/pr...mber-1-10-6pm/

Firearms Outlet Canada and North Sylva Sports are proud to announce that we are bringing IDF Instructor Lovie Malespin from Zahal.Org back to Canada to put you and your Tavor through their paces.

Welcome to two days of intense boot-camp, blending IDF and civilian shooting techniques on the Tavor/X95 platform in a variety of roles. Live-fire, dry-fire, and classroom components make up the key components of this incredible session.

This course derives from years of established doctrine and focuses exclusively on the TAR-21 and X-95 platforms. It is designed to establish a core set of fundamentals, reinforce existing capabilities, develop new strengths, and challenge your rifle skills.

Course Content:

History and Design of the Tavor: Why did the IDF need a new rifle?
    Core IDF Drills and Stoppages
    Long Range Engagements
    Movement, Transition, and Manipulation Exercises
    Shooting Under Stress
    Modifying, Maintaining & Updating the Tavor
    EQUIPMENT LIST:

Your rifle! All optics are welcome, but please have your rifle zeroed before we hit the range! We suggest a 100m zero.
    Ammunition: All ammunition will be provided free of charge to participants, we do suggest bringing extra.
    Minimum 4 Magazines
    A Carriage System for your magazines: Battle Belt, Chest Rig etc
    A Sling. We will not be conducting pistol transitions, this is a rifle specific course, but there are scenarios that require your firearm to be slung.
    Eye and Ear protection
    Water! Your body needs it! There are physical components to this course you will want to be hydrated for.
    If you are First Aid certified, an IFAK (individual first aid kit)
    North Sylva Sports is proud to offer some incredible deals on IWI and Meprolight products to all participants, and have kindly offered to supply ammunition for the course.

Last edited by North_Sylva; 07-27-2019 at 10:15 AM.

Damn.. I just traded my x95

One day

How much ammo will be provided for the course?
    Check other started threads for combo deals

CGN Ultra frequent flyer TV-PressPass's Avatar
    Should be a heck of a good time...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Hopefully there will be similar courses out in Durham region for us but with other rifles ar/vz etc....
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

Any idea if there will be one on the west coast?

I would not get my hopes up for this course. I did it a couple years ago and was not impressed with the level of instruction and the fact the instructor was gone a quarter of the time being questioned by Canadian Boarder security.
    There also a lack of safety. Doing physical fitness on an indoor range, where she wants you to to roll around on toxic soaked floors, some thought should be given to this.

Also the part where they want you to manipulate the fire are while pointing it at another Canadian, was ####ed up. I dont care if there is a safety rod in the gun, it goes against our gun laws!

Hope she understand our gun culture better now! And is better at handle a weapon. When she taught my course she admit to a lack of training in recent years with firearms and her demonstration showed it.

CGN frequent flyer
    But...but.....
    It's Lovie!

CGN Regular
    Re rwgorman.
    Wow, my course a couple years ago was totally different. On an outdoor range, the course was fantastic! Lovie was completely professional. Not a safety issue anywhere.
    Fired over 850 rounds over the two days and really learned how to handle my Tavor.
    I've bragged about how great the course was many times.

Quote Originally Posted by rwgorman View Post
    I would not get my hopes up for this course. I did it a couple years ago and was not impressed with the level of instruction and the fact the instructor was gone a quarter of the time being questioned by Canadian Boarder security.
    There also a lack of safety. Doing physical fitness on an indoor range, where she wants you to to roll around on toxic soaked floors, some thought should be given to this.

Also the part where they want you to manipulate the fire are while pointing it at another Canadian, was ####ed up. I dont care if there is a safety rod in the gun, it goes against our gun laws!

Hope she understand our gun culture better now! And is better at handle a weapon. When she taught my course she admit to a lack of training in recent years with firearms and her demonstration showed it.
    I was there. The indoor range was a terrible choice for the course, good call on the lead exposure.
    At least Wally was there to step in when that stuff came up with Lovie.

I still enjoyed the course. Definitely improved my handling of the rifle.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast