CGN Regular shatthatkilledelvis's Avatar
    Titanium, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossal Ursidae View Post
    Would aluminum be too weak?
    It’d be nice to get some weight savings
    Statistics don't lie, but liars use statistics - Aubie Baltin

No longer a s**t, just a shat...

Business Member
    No go on titanium, the market just isn’t big enough to justify the initial costs. Aluminum would be very light but for a mag tube that could get bumped, it would dent very easy since the tube is so thin walled.

I could make the tube a bit thicker I think but then it would get heavier negating the benefit. I would have to double the wall thickness which would nearly make it as heavy as the steel version.

What about anodizing?
    There might be a market for lightweight accessories for the m4 internationally
    Sales are final and offers are valid for 24hrs.

Business Member
    even type 3 anodizing wouldn't be able to protect a thin piece of aluminum from denting from a hard bump. Normally it would, but the sheer thinness of the wall makes me think that nothing would be able to help. I think that’s the reason no one in the states is making an aluminum version, just steel and titanium.
    Last edited by Rx Arms Solutions; 10-18-2019 at 05:23 PM.

Business Member
    Okay guys, here’s some final pics. It’s plugged by an epoxied plug with JB weld, not going anywhere. 5.9 x 3” shells. I actually only have 3 that will be for sale right this weekend hopefully. They will be up for sale for $170 plus shipping which is probably at least $30-40. These are hand made and I did my best to make it butter smooth like the barrel, but there are machining marks on them so just a disclaimer.

They are extremely labour intensive, far more than I anticipated. It has come to a point that I am guaging interest for a pre-sale of them, I would be willing to order more supplies (which are expensive) and mass produce them but would really need firm non-refundable deposits. I have already run into a problem with a product people said they would order and I bought supplies any sold a fraction of the amounts people said they would order. For a small business like mine it just isn’t viable for me to carry on doing business like that.

With all this said, I would need to pre sell 40 of them before I can get these rolling in more mass production CNC. The price on the CNC version will be $250 plus shipping. Let me know if some of you would be interested in paying up front and I’ll see how many I can get. I’ll be starting a separate thread for this here

Name:  85D61F26-BF03-44DD-82C0-99545BCC4507.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  65.9 KB

Name:  DAA707E3-84BC-464D-BEEE-B88D2FD3489F.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  52.7 KB

Name:  B313E74F-82EC-4662-9568-075E6356CD45.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  60.1 KB
    Last edited by Rx Arms Solutions; 11-18-2019 at 12:24 AM.

Uber Super GunNutz hunterhenderson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rx Arms Solutions View Post
    From what I have seen, the threads into the receiver on the Turkish M4 are not the same as the M4. But I can certainly adjust easily if there is demand for it. I am only going off of pics I have seen, I haven’t seen the Turk in person.
    I own both and easily installed a benelli screw in recoil tube into my Turkenelli's receiver so i would imagine the loading tube might also be the same
    “Blind belief in authority is the greatest enemy of truth.”
    ― Albert Einstein

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hunterhenderson View Post
    I own both and easily installed a benelli screw in recoil tube into my Turkenelli's receiver so i would imagine the loading tube might also be the same
    The TAC-12 is threaded the same as the M4. The Canuck Operator is not, as far as I understand.

Business Member
    I have one left after a few people have PMd me, send me a private message if you would like to claim it. As mentioned, these are hand made, although they do look nice they are not butter smooth, so expect to see some machining marks.

Very interested .... once cash starts showing up again .... I have the sulan / Turknelli model

Uber Super GunNutz hunterhenderson's Avatar
    pm sent
    “Blind belief in authority is the greatest enemy of truth.”
    ― Albert Einstein

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast