Page 1 of 19 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: WK180-c / WS-MCR what accessories should we make?

Business Member True North Arms Corp's Avatar

WK180-c / WS-MCR what accessories should we make?

Hi gang!

we are jumping into the wk and ws platforms with both feet!

what accessories do you want or need?

brass deflector?
    oversized bolt handles?

what's on your minds?
    True North Arms Corp.
    Website truenortharms.com
    Email info@truenortharms.com
    Instagram truenortharms

CGN frequent flyer
    - Bolt Hold Open/release
    - Cocking handle that doesn't break
    - Pistons that don't break
    - Don't make but specifically stock rails that fit onto the 180C/WS-MCR
    - Don't make but specifically stock triggers that fit into the 180C/WS-MCR

By en-large I would say that both the WK180C and WS-MCR only need the bolt hold open/release in order to come with everything they need. The thing that consistently lets both rifles down is the quality of the parts themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by True North Arms Corp View Post
    Hi gang!

we are jumping into the wk and ws platforms with both feet!

what accessories do you want or need?

brass deflector?
    oversized bolt handles?

what's on your minds?
    WK-180c owner here,

- New charging handle designs, I have the SBI improved version and it's good but more variety is always preferred, maybe something oversized or shaped differently (i.e dog leg shape, curved like a 10/22 or AK, etc.)

- I definitely agree on a new bolt catch/release, the Kodiak and RWA designs are fine but something with a longer handle/catch or reversible would be nice. It would be awesome if I could reach the bolt release using the thumb of my trigger hand without breaking my grip.

- Maybe a 45 degree throw safety selector? I may be mistaken but I don't think an AR-15 selector would work.

- More WK-180 compatible handguards, I have your super-MLOK handguard and it works great but some more options would be awesome (i.e minimalist handguard with no picatinny on top, color matched to factory finish, etc.), I don't know if it would be cost prohibitive or not but machining in a port on longer hand guards so we can still access the gas system without handguard removal would be awesome.

- A new front takedown pin (similar to the one made by RWA) would be a nice addition as well, I often find it easier to separate the two receivers entirely for maintenance and it's quite a fuss messing around with that e-clip every time.

- Consider stocking a wider variety of AR-15 pistol grips without beavertails, since this is what fits best on the WK/MS platform.

- I'm sure plenty of people would want a nice alternative to the 3-D printed WK deflectors out there, I'm fine with some marks on my rifle so it's not something I would purchase personally, plus I run my charging handle on the right side so lots of the current designs wouldn't work for me.

That's about all I can think of at the moment. Looking forward to what you come up with!
    Last edited by IzzyTheGreat; 11-27-2020 at 06:19 PM. Reason: Spelling

A Flush rear takedown pin, for the ws-mcr

1913 Folding Stock picatinny adaptors for AR buffer tubes

CGN Regular
    As other's have said, a stronger piston rod would be good. I think that part is prone to break more than most. A lot of people complain about the charging handle, but I've got the new one from Spectre and it works fine.

I'm in the process of putting a shorter barrel on mine. I bought a Maple Ridge Armory barrel and have found QC, support and communication lacking for the price. So for those interested in making a restricted range toy out of theirs, having some stock of more reasonably priced barrels would be good.

As part of the project, I bought a barrel nut wrench from you guys, and while the price was right, I had to file out the narrow part as it wasn't getting enough bite with the tapered design it came with. The nut requires a solid 30mm wrench that isn't too thick as the nut can be torqued on there pretty good.

And I've also purchased a barrel dimple jig from you, but it only will do one dimple, not two, which is unfortunate. I couldn't find a two dimple jig anywhere. The gas block on the WK180C requires two.

Finding reasonably priced MLok accessories is also a pain. I would love a BCM gunfighter short fore grip but they are nowhere to be found. It was challenging to find a Surefire scout offset mount (had to order from the US), and even finding a sling QD mount for MLox was challenging that wasn't a complete rip off.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Longer op rod to open up the possibility of installing a different barrel. RWA made me a mid length op rod which I used to install a MRA barrel and I was really happy with the results but they don't make them anymore. Perhaps even a rifle length op rod as most NR length barrels are ported for a rifle length gas system.

Would also like a bolt sized for the 6.8spc / .224 valkyrie. Yeah I know the Spectre built rifles come in .224 V but I haven't seen a bolt available yet.

Oh, and make the bolts better quality so the lugs don't break off. My one WK got the upper destroyed when the lugs sheared off
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by IzzyTheGreat View Post
    - A new front takedown pin (similar to the one made by RWA) would be a nice addition as well, I often find it easier to separate the two receivers entirely for maintenance and it's quite a fuss messing around with that e-clip every time.
    I bought one of these... and while it's more convenient, it's also more prone to coming loose after firing several rounds. So be careful what you wish for.

CGN Regular
    Make a folding charging handle. Also, the same thing for Type 97.

22 lr kit, 9mm kit
    Under no pretext should arms and ammunition be surrendered; any attempt to disarm the workers must be frustrated, by force if necessary

Page 1 of 19 12345678911 ... LastLast