Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New prototype: Benelli M4 charging handle

Business Member

New prototype: Benelli M4 charging handle

Almost finalized my design for this and wanted to get some feedback before moving ahead. I wanted to provide something that had more "girth" than the 1/2" freedom fighter product, but less than the insane GG&G size. So this has an outside diameter of 0.6" (5/8") and feels really good.

the final version will have knurling and will be manganese phosphate finish. If you have any thoughts please let me know! I am assuming that these will also fit the turkish clones, which I will confirm before making any such claims.

Name:  IMG-3845.jpg
Views: 1836
Size:  84.4 KB

Name:  IMG-3846.jpg
Views: 1843
Size:  84.9 KB

Name:  IMG-3847.jpg
Views: 1858
Size:  55.7 KB

CGN Ultra frequent flyer canucklehead's Avatar
    Personal opinion only - I prefer the charging handle with a bit of an hourglass shape - something that your finger fits right into and won't slide off the end. The knurling helps, but not as much as a scalloped shape.

Either way - good on you for producing more Canadian made products! With the new Turkish clones coming in, there will be an increased demand for M4 parts!

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canucklehead View Post
    Personal opinion only - I prefer the charging handle with a bit of an hourglass shape - something that your finger fits right into and won't slide off the end. The knurling helps, but not as much as a scalloped shape.

Either way - good on you for producing more Canadian made products! With the new Turkish clones coming in, there will be an increased demand for M4 parts!
    Thanks for the feedback!.

Awesome.I found the GG&G one too big, which in some situation works better. But all in all daily range shoot it is a tad too big. I have both the hour glass shape and the GG one. during a competition shoot, the hour glass one i found it's too small and i usually grab it right by the edge and sometimes slips my finger off of it. I actually now developed a habit and back-hand that charging handle like a bolt gun.

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sky52 View Post
    Awesome.I found the GG&G one too big, which in some situation works better. But all in all daily range shoot it is a tad too big. I have both the hour glass shape and the GG one. during a competition shoot, the hour glass one i found it's too small and i usually grab it right by the edge and sometimes slips my finger off of it. I actually now developed a habit and back-hand that charging handle like a bolt gun.
    How far out from the receiver would you prefer a handle stick out? This is one feature that I am not completely set on yet.

Could we see a pic of the end that fits into the bolt?

Any plans on a bolt release pad like the GG&G one? My M4 desperately needs one lol. Package it up with together, I’m sure they’ll sell like hotcakes.
    Homie take your bag?

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildey View Post
    Could we see a pic of the end that fits into the bolt?
    Currently there is not a plan for the triangle notch, but that may change. So the handle spins freely.

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MPower View Post
    Any plans on a bolt release pad like the GG&G one? My M4 desperately needs one lol. Package it up with together, I’m sure they’ll sell like hotcakes.
    I’m also in the planning stages of a speed bar type of add on.

Quote Originally Posted by Rx Arms Solutions View Post
    How far out from the receiver would you prefer a handle stick out? This is one feature that I am not completely set on yet.
    Dont make it too long, otherwise it gives leverage to it to break off just like the gg&g. Stock length is + 1/8 of an inch is good, just that the head is small to grasp onto. Another thing is that if its too long, it may get bend while sitting inside the case, remember the m4 and canucks are 3 guns shotgun so most people case it along with their pistols and ARs.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast