Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Auto Ordnance M1 Carbine Paratrooper Stock .30 Carbine 18.6" Non-Restricted

Quote Originally Posted by Ebola View Post
    Be careful in buying one. Auto Ordanance sends out duds sometimes. I sent mine back to NS to be repaired twice and in the end I fixed it myself. These rifles are extremely finicky with the mags.

Beautiful looking gun though. And the .30carbine round is a blast to shoot.
    I use new manufacture KCI mags and have no problems. Old GI mags are exactly that. Old Mags. Just buy new ones. The rifle isn't an original so why try to force it to use 80 year old magazines.

I would love this stock on my M2 carbine as the original stock has a crack from the front swivel to the magazine opening. I had it repaired by a so called professional gunstock maker and it split in 3 pieces when I fired it a week later after making sure the epoxy was cured. Guess what he just used cheap ass wood glue and no dowel pins to reinforce it.

Pretty awful reviews on these. Too bad because it's exactly the kind of thing I am into lately.

Quote Originally Posted by rci2950 View Post
    I use new manufacture KCI mags and have no problems. Old GI mags are exactly that. Old Mags. Just buy new ones. The rifle isn't an original so why try to force it to use 80 year old magazines.
    KCI mags were non usable in mine. As well as the factory mags provided. I had to replace the mag catch in mine with a old GI one just to get the mags to sit right to even work half ass at the end.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12