Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tara 9mm Pistols And FN BDA's

I didn't call in because I know what the issue is. The way the mags are dented instead of pinned, causes the follower to tilt-up a bit from the feed lips, this causes the trigger bar to rub causing friction and not allowing the trigger to fully reset.
    Travis Kay
    Proverbs 4:27
    http://www.traviskay.ca [laughably dated]
    http://linkedin.com/in/kaytravis

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier Firearms View Post
    We are down to our last 3 of these. We will be out of guns before we can locate extra mags.
    Extra BDA9 mags that are already manufactured to hold only 10 rounds are quite plentiful on ebay and at various US vendors. They are actually FN BDM magazines, manufactured for the more plentiful, later model of double-action 9mm Hi Power known as the FN Browning Dual Mode (BDM) pistol. The trick is to not become confused or side-tracked by the Browning BDA .380 ACP pistol and its unique magazines....

If you grind off the rearward-facing tab on the FN BDM Magazine's Floorplate (which was intended to engage a screw-slot in the pistol's Slide-mounted "Mode Selector"), this will leave you with a fully-functional BDA9 magazine. This is because the later FN BDM based it's magazine off of the BDA9 Magazine, with the addition of the Screw-Tab. Grinding off the extra polymer flush with floorplate's rear edge is a simple job that takes literally seconds with a dremel grinding wheel. Unfortunately, I no longer have any original FN BDM magazines to photograph, as I have modified all of mine which are now identical to a BDA9 Mag.

All of that to say that a solution does exist to the lack of BDA9 magazines in Canada. Unfortunately however, US vendors will not ship pistol Magazines to Canadian individuals due to ITAR. So, what we need is a business with the appropriate license to purchase and import a half-dozen or so FN BDM magazines to see how they sell to purchasers of those BDA9s....(hint, hint, Frontier Firearms!).

E.T.A. These 15-rounders at Midway USA don't even have the Tab that must be ground off of original BDM magazines, but they would have to be pinned. https://www.midwayusa.com/product/100624834?pid=716175 Yeah, they're not cheap at $50 USD, but where else are you going to find mags for the BDA9? They are cheaper on eBay if you order in bulk and you can get 10 round versions. BDA9 Magazines typically cost in excess of $100 CAD when they rarely appear North of the Border, so that is the going rate anyways. I'm sure you would sell at least a half-dozen. Heck, see if there is interest and take deposits if necessary. At the end of the day, we need Mags to go with the guns!
    Last edited by Bartok5; 09-08-2019 at 09:59 PM.
    Mark C

Dupe
    Mark C

Contributing Dealer Frontier Firearms's Avatar
    Will will see what we can source. The mags will probably be harder to come by then the guns!

I will buy at least 2 more mags if you bring some in, guaranteed. I need them for that 2nd BDA9 I purchased....
    Mark C

I didn't call in because I know what the issue is. The way the mags are dented instead of pinned, causes the follower to tilt-up a bit from the feed lips, this causes the trigger bar to rub causing friction and not allowing the trigger to fully reset.
    We were starting to wonder what was happening.

We are sold out of the BDA's now. No word on extra mags yet. We have had some people contact us about getting more and our importer has 3 or 4 left. Please email info@frontierfirearms.ca if you are interested in ordering one and we will put this together.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Max Owner's Avatar
    Displaced From South Western Ontario, To GP, Alberta. And back again...... And again.
    I spoke to Marlon today about a BDA. Do I need to e mail for one?
    Shooter and Collector (kinda)

Never Forget Best Friends.

Aug 30, 2008.
    Dec 29, 2008.

If you had left a message then you are fine, we were looking to see if anyone else is interested as this will be our last go at it.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Max Owner's Avatar
    Displaced From South Western Ontario, To GP, Alberta. And back again...... And again.
    Thank you.

Would also be interested in a few mags if you can get them.
    Shooter and Collector (kinda)

Never Forget Best Friends.

Aug 30, 2008.
    Dec 29, 2008.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast