Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Credit card charged for license does this mean Im approved

Credit card charged for license does this mean Im approved

Just wondering if anyone has had their credit cards charged for their pal/RPAL and not been approved?? I had my card charged on the 12th of August and I called into the CFP and they said it痴 waiting for my picture to be electronically scanned. Does this mean I will be approved for my license ?
    Non of my references have said they received a call or anything and it was in the system that they received my application on July 24th I知 in Ontario. Just hoping someone can help me out with answers
    I知 hopeful that this means I値l be getting it in the mail soon

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    it just means they accepted your payment and are working on making you a hard plastic permission slip for your wallet.
    Shooter1of38 Imagine what it would be like to have two dicks.....

It's kind of like that.

It could still be a while, depending on your situation.
    For me, it was just over a month from my card being charged to receiving the card in the mail.
    For my wife, card was charged the same day (we sent them in together), and hers is still processing. So YMMV.

The wait sucks, but not much you can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Siphonophoid View Post
    It could still be a while, depending on your situation.
    For me, it was just over a month from my card being charged to receiving the card in the mail.
    For my wife, card was charged the same day (we sent them in together), and hers is still processing. So YMMV.

The wait sucks, but not much you can do.

What do you mean my situation ?? I just want to know if this means it’s going to be approved and that I’m just waiting is all

Super Moderator
    Approved or refused, the charge applies.
    It only means that your application is being processed.

Quote Originally Posted by Geddes85 View Post
    What do you mean my situation ?? I just want to know if this means it’s going to be approved and that I’m just waiting is all
    Sorry if that was confusing. I just meant, depending on: if you checked any boxes, if you have any dealings with the police etc. they may find while doing background checks, if you have any conjugal partners they have to contact, etc.
    Everyone's scenario is different. If yours is straightforward (no checked boxes, no run ins with police in the past etc, no partners) it will more than likely be quick.

But yes, as tiriaq mentioned, just because they charged your card doesn't mean you will be approved. It's just the first step when they begin processing your application.

I know it sucks to wait and not know, but unless there's anything sketchy in your past for them to find (or you provided false information) it's unlikely for you to be refused.

Edit: Just thought to add: if you're checking the application website, it will tell you when you have been approved and your license is issued. At that point you can call to get your number if you like. Then it's just waiting to receive the physical license in the mail.
    Last edited by Siphonophoid; 08-15-2019 at 01:29 PM.

CGN frequent flyer
    This is usually the first thing they値l do is collect theirs money. All it means is your paperwork arrived and has been opened

Mine took about 3-4 weeks after payment was accepted to be approved for both PAL and RPAL

I know some people who did not get approved but I am not sure if they tried getting their money back. Chances are the government will not refund them their money.

Quote Originally Posted by Geddes85 View Post
    This isn’t an indication at all. Everyone who applies gets charged.

Got charge on Aug 30th and received it today. Called my references, ask them what question they were asked and apparently non of them got a call, lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast