Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Type 81 lmg

So since the drum is from the first shipment is this essentially a paper weight???

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunz4me View Post
    So since the drum is from the first shipment is this essentially a paper weight???
    Yes....it is a fully functional, 5 round, legal according to canadian law paperweight....p.s: this is sarcasm
    The drum works
    machinist, we do precision quess work based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge
    CCFR, CSSA, OFAH, CPC

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    No problem with the drum.
    Yep, fixed wing is great but rotary wing is ... GREAT. Life is good. JP.

Got mine too!

Looks like they're back in stock. Looking at picking one up. Can anyone speak to reliability in drum vs mags? Worth grabbing a few extra or should I try the AK mod (hold open is not important for me).
    "A gun is not a weapon, Marge, it's a tool. Like a butcher's knife or a harpoon, or...or an alligator."

CCFR/NFA Member

Quote Originally Posted by vultr View Post
    Looks like they're back in stock. Looking at picking one up. Can anyone speak to reliability in drum vs mags? Worth grabbing a few extra or should I try the AK mod (hold open is not important for me).
    Some have issues and others don't ...

I have watched that before (and generally I agree with Ian). However, given the rifle configuration (RPK knockoff) I think the drum is nice to have, unless the consensus is that they are garbage.
    "A gun is not a weapon, Marge, it's a tool. Like a butcher's knife or a harpoon, or...or an alligator."

CCFR/NFA Member

Quote Originally Posted by vultr View Post
    I have watched that before (and generally I agree with Ian). However, given the rifle configuration (RPK knockoff) I think the drum is nice to have, unless the consensus is that they are garbage.
    When I buy a product with a more expensive Camo pattern option, its really just a personal preference, but has no real functional advantage (like a Honda Camo generator).
    I agree, the drum is nice to have, so I ordered one with the gun, for the same reason I sometimes spend more for the Camo option.
    The West wants Out!

The drum has been working flawlessly for me, regular 5/30 mags are the same. Sometimes the bolt won't hold open but functionality is all there with both.

CGN Regular
    Same here all work fine and operate flawless. 5 rds from drum or mag zero issue. My wheel kit arrived last Friday [ no notice which I could care less as a while back TI said they would ship out when the they got them ] Should be no drama to retro fit you will have to pin to 5 anyway.TI will ave a video up soon so I am in no panic. A dremmel tool is not much money at crappy tyre or princess auto.Its not like the RUSSIANS / NORTH KOREANS or NEWFIES are going to break through the woodline any time soon.
    Last edited by johnny the boy; 01-06-2021 at 12:11 PM.