Thread: Newb question on bringing older Colt 1911's into Canada

Newb question on bringing older Colt 1911's into Canada

Ok I have been researching as best I can how to bring a 1919-1945 Colt 1911 into Canada. I have a seller who I will be purchasing from in the near future (It is not GunBroker)

First question:

Seller asked if the firearm had to be import marked?

Second question:

Are there any restrictions on these types of firearms?

3rd question:

Besides IRun Guns fee and shipping costs once across into Canada, and of course our infamous 5% GST is there any other taxes or duties etc I should expect?

Last question:
    Can I start the process in advance or just when I pay for the item to the seller or does I Run Guns broker the private deal for me?
    Thanks everyone.

It would be prudent and expedient to direct your inquiries to IRUNGUNS for concise and accurate answers to your questions.
    Stupidity is its own punishment.
    “The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride,”
    ~Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelenskyy

CGN frequent flyer CraigNConnor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by R005t3r View Post
    It would be prudent and expedient to direct your inquiries to IRUNGUNS for concise and accurate answers to your questions.
    He did

This is their forum

First question:

No, currently there are no requirements or legislation that would require any import markings when we import the firearm into Canada from the United States.

Second question:

No, other then the barrel length must exceed 105mm and that the firearm is restricted in Canada. As such you will need a restricted PAL in order to own one.

3rd question:

Besides IRun Guns fee and shipping costs once across into Canada, and of course our infamous 5% GST is there any other taxes or duties etc I should expect?

No, the firearm is built in the US there is the import fee, flat rate shipping of 25.00 to Canada, GST of 5% and Canadian shipping to your door. If the firearm does not qualify for NAFTA or USMC there is duty charged when entering the Canadian Commerce.

Last question:

Can I start the process in advance or just when I pay for the item to the seller or does I Run Guns broker the private deal for me?

Yes you can, do not pay the seller directly and once you fill out the import form located at https://www.irunguns.ca/content.php?...s-us-to-canada it will explain everything.

Thanks everyone.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by marksv4 View Post
    Ok I have been researching as best I can how to bring a 1919-1945 Colt 1911 into Canada. I have a seller who I will be purchasing from in the near future (It is not GunBroker)

First question:

Second question:

3rd question:

Last question:
    Thanks everyone.

Flat rate shipping to Canada is 25.00USD on all accessory and ammunition orders regardless of quantities ordered. Firearms are exported to Canada at a flat rate of 25.00USD per firearm.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

What would be your import charge for a purchase such as this from a 3rd party.

To import a firearm from the United States to Canada is 200.00 Canadian

Quote Originally Posted by bsrcuda View Post
    What would be your import charge for a purchase such as this from a 3rd party.

Flat rate shipping to Canada is 25.00USD on all accessory and ammunition orders regardless of quantities ordered. Firearms are exported to Canada at a flat rate of 25.00USD per firearm.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com