Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Magazine pinning

Magazine pinning

Does anyone have any photos of how the 5.56 and 7.62 PMAGs and drums are being pinned? As in, are these being pinned on the side or on the spine, how does the countersink look, etc?
    Last edited by Taman; 04-10-2020 at 12:46 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer SigWig's Avatar
    IRunGuns does the best pinning jobs I have seen. I'd just order it and find out. If they screw up (they won't) use a file to clean it up.

CGN frequent flyer
    Pinned on side countersunk on the pmags I received through IRG. Looks to be the best neuter job around.
    CCFR Member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I pin mine with 3/8 threaded rod through the magazine with nuts welded on each end.

I don’t know if you are aware that even to possess unpinned mags is an offence under the criminal code of canada. Businesses are not allowed to sell unless pinned. If you purchased unpinned it is an offence. I’m just passing on some info trying to be helpful
    so you don’t get in hot water. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by bravo2058 View Post
    I don’t know if you are aware that even to possess unpinned mags is an offence under the criminal code of canada. Businesses are not allowed to sell unless pinned. If you purchased unpinned it is an offence. I’m just passing on some info trying to be helpful
    so you don’t get in hot water. Cheers
    He could be getting a buddy in the US to pin and ship some for him and wants to send instructions.

Hopefully he reads this, Mr. Clean who oversees our Compliance Dept, does a fabulous job when he wears his glasses. Pinning drums properly is an art in itsself.

Hats off to him.

The Canadian IRUNGUNS Team

Flat rate shipping to Canada is 25.00USD on all accessory and ammunition orders regardless of quantities ordered. Firearms are exported to Canada at a flat rate of 25.00USD per firearm.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

Quote Originally Posted by Scarheart View Post
    He could be getting a buddy in the US to pin and ship some for him and wants to send instructions.
    Which is also illegal

Shawn

Quote Originally Posted by IRUNGUNS View Post
    Hopefully he reads this, Mr. Clean who oversees our Compliance Dept, does a fabulous job when he wears his glasses. Pinning drums properly is an art in itsself.

Hats off to him.

The Canadian IRUNGUNS Team
    I have had the result of Mr. Clean not wearing his glasses....but sh*t happens

I was thinking about placing an order with IRUNGUNS for some magazines, but I've never ordered anything from them before, and can't see the mags in person.

So I was mostly trying to find out in a tactful way wether they're nicely done, or if they're terrible at using tools and mangle the hell out of the mag body or not. Also, I'm not a real big fan of side pinning, just personal preference.

I'm sure they're fantastic people and do a great job, I just prefer to know exactly what I'm buying before I buy. It's not meant to be an accusation or insinuation. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Last edited by Taman; 04-10-2020 at 06:36 PM.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast