Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ronald McDonald House (Red Deer) skeet tournament

Business Member
    This function is about 70% sold out. It is the first year and we really need it to sell out 100%. This is a great organization in Red Deer.

Business Member
    There is still room left. Get registered.

Before opening the topic I had the image to go at any McDonalds to shoot seagull Skeet way.... All for the children of course !

Business Member
    7 days till the event.

Business Member
    Get signed up.

My son had acute lymphatic leukemia when he was 3 years olds. 3 and a half years of chemo and he was cured. Only the first month or so was he hospitalized then he would be sent home and would come back daily to the IWK children's hospital. Home for us is a 600 KM drive so that would be impossible to commute daily. The Ronald Mcdonald house in Halifax provided a room for us for most of my sons treatment. When we could not get a spot the house we would have to spend 130$ a night for a hotel.

Had it not been for the Ronald Mcdonald house I don't know how we would have been able to get through that time.

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JBD View Post
    My son had acute lymphatic leukemia when he was 3 years olds. 3 and a half years of chemo and he was cured. Only the first month or so was he hospitalized then he would be sent home and would come back daily to the IWK children's hospital. Home for us is a 600 KM drive so that would be impossible to commute daily. The Ronald Mcdonald house in Halifax provided a room for us for most of my sons treatment. When we could not get a spot the house we would have to spend 130$ a night for a hotel.

Had it not been for the Ronald Mcdonald house I don't know how we would have been able to get through that time.
    Thank you JBD for the personal story. Until someone needs to use the service of RMH they may not fully appreciate how it helps real people in a time of need.
    If someone would like to donate to RMH they can use the link at the top of this forum to find their way to the website.
    If you live in the Red Deer area please sign up for this event. The facility tells us that we can overbook and they will make it work. It would be great if we overbooked in our first year.
    Come out and be a part of something that is going to be a great event for the RD RMH.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Shot at Blackmore's last week. Nice facility, challenging stations, and super friendly staff. Go if you can.

Business Member
    Five days left till the event.

Business Member
    The event is this Friday - 4 days left.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast