Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chiappa Double Badger .22wmr/.410

A nice rifle caliber over 12ga would be very attractive to me!

GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by FarmerDanz View Post
    A nice rifle caliber over 12ga would be very attractive to me!
    Me too!

i had the 22/410 version and got rid of it. regulation is bad and can't be adjusted so if you sight in for the 22 expect the 410 to pattern off in the rhubarb someplace. and quality is less than you would expect even at that price point (burrs on the barrel, bluing coming off, break lever loose).

for those looking for a combo gun in larger hunting calibers, note the difference between rimmed and rimless cartidges; it's a lot easier to build a combo gun for a rimmed cartridge (shotgun, 30-30, 303 british, 7x57r, etc.) than a modern rimless (308, 30-06, etc.). since combo guns are not as popular in north america, most of the development is in europe where hunting style is more opportunistic and less game-specific and cartidges like the 7x57r are more popular (note many european countries do not/didn't allow civilians to have rifles in military calibers like 308 or 30-06).

the savage 24 was available in a 30-30 version (rare) and there are a few importers bringing in used euro combo guns. if you want new, there is a guy in the us selling new/old stock finnclassics in 12-gauge/30-06. expect to pay money and deal with import hassle.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    The Savage 24 in 30-30 -20ga both of the ones I had had were poor quality and poorer barrel regulation.An old side mounted selector button on the receiver regulated well built .22-.410 is the exact opposite and an honest 30 yard bird gun.For all the time it would take at the factory to drop a couple of laser dummy cartridges in the chambers and solder the barrels when theyare regulated escapes me.The Russian Baikals are even worse IMO.

[QUOTE=the radium king;17435398]i had the 22/410 version and got rid of it. regulation is bad and can't be adjusted so if you sight in for the 22 expect the 410 to pattern off in the rhubarb someplace. and quality is less than you would expect even at that price point (burrs on the barrel, bluing coming off, break lever loose).

I bought the 22wmr/410 model, absolute junk!...... As above, never hit the same place once sighted in. Poor fit & finish. In addition, it misfired (light strikes), constantly. I had to pay to ship to MD Charlton for warranty work. They replaced the firing pin and spring. I paid $399.99 at the time, then another $40.00 to ship it for warranty repair.

Chiappa did nothing, nor did North Sylva to make it right. DO NOT BUY THIS JUNK FIREARM!......

I would never own a Chiappa anything after this experience. Sorry!.......
    The only government I trust is 45-70 Government!

We got more .22wmr/.410. SKU#: 500.111. & .22lr/.410. SKU#: 500.097.

CGN Regular
    [QUOTE=Thunderhog;17436781]
    Quote Originally Posted by the radium king View Post
    i had the 22/410 version and got rid of it. regulation is bad and can't be adjusted so if you sight in for the 22 expect the 410 to pattern off in the rhubarb someplace. and quality is less than you would expect even at that price point (burrs on the barrel, bluing coming off, break lever loose).

I bought the 22wmr/410 model, absolute junk!...... As above, never hit the same place once sighted in. Poor fit & finish. In addition, it misfired (light strikes), constantly. I had to pay to ship to MD Charlton for warranty work. They replaced the firing pin and spring. I paid $399.99 at the time, then another $40.00 to ship it for warranty repair.

Chiappa did nothing, nor did North Sylva to make it right. DO NOT BUY THIS JUNK FIREARM!......

I would never own a Chiappa anything after this experience. Sorry!.......
    That sounds pretty frustrating. I have a little badger in 22lr that I like very much. It only has one barrel though, so it doesn't make me cross-eyed!

CGN Regular
    22WMR/410 22 is real good accurate on mine out to 50 yds. That's the longest I have tried head shots on squirrels. 410 is a 410 if you do your job it takes squirrels in the tree tops just fine.

CGN Regular
    -----
    Last edited by time4t; 09-10-2021 at 11:43 AM.

Absolute junk. Had one for 3 months. Sent it in for warranty and crickets. That was 7 months ago. Never buy another Chiappa product again

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast