Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Troy 102 !! EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS !!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark-II View Post
    What alloy do they use?
    This. 7075 t6?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scotty454 View Post
    Hm. Seeing them side by side like that, they are very obviously different designs.

The magwell shape is totally different, the raised boss around the rear takedown pin on the Troy is different, the trigger guard on the Troy is solid whereas on the BCL is it is replaceable, the Troy doesn't have the mag release insert like the BCL does, the shape of the cutout for the bolt release on the upper is different, etc. If they did use the same designs, they modified it significantly (At least from an aesthetic perspective)
    See my post above. The Troy 102 isn't modeled after his generation of the BCL. His comparison is completely irrelevant
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Scotty454's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    See my post above. The Troy 102 isn't modeled after his generation of the BCL. His comparison is completely irrelevant
    You have a picture of the opposite side of the Gen 1 NEA/BCL 102?

Let Freedom Ring With a Shotgun Blast!

Quote Originally Posted by King0265 View Post
    For the record.

JR at TSE: explicitly confirmed "this is not a joint venture, and BCL selling troy the FRT is false."

JR, please clarify your statements as made in your threads. When did this change

Thankyou
    Last edited by josh1976; 08-27-2019 at 10:13 AM.
    If you meet more than one azzhole per day...chances are you're the azzhole....

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty454 View Post
    You have a picture of the opposite side of the Gen 1 NEA/BCL 102?

The lower is clearly 99% the same. The bottom of the upper is cut a little different from the bolt catch forward. Looks like Troy just cleaned it up a bit to simplify machining. Pretty easy to see that the Troy is based on the Gen 1, thankfully.
    Last edited by jiffx2781; 08-27-2019 at 10:52 AM. Reason: Spelling
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gatehouse's Avatar
    I’m interested in hearing about the rifle and reviews when they become available.

I really don’t give a schiat about an in depth investigation into what a retailer may have said months ago. The rifle is either good or it’s not.
    375 Ruger is the NEW KING of the .375's. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

GunNutz
    I'm reading the BCL stuff, I thought it was NEA that as it's own separate company provided the plans to Troy? I swear I read that somewhere.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Scotty454's Avatar

The lower is clearly 99% the same. The bottom of the upper is cut a little different from the bolt catch forward. Looks like Troy just cleaned it up a bit to simplify machining. Pretty easy to see that the Troy is based on the Gen 1, thankfully.

Yep, that is much closer. Still some noticeable differences, but easier to believe that the Troy would have been modeled after the gen 1 than the gen 2 BCL.

Let Freedom Ring With a Shotgun Blast!

Not really, IMHO, as the BCL Gen1, Gen2 and the Troy 102 all share the same (or very similar) FRT, which I was lead to believe, was the topic under (contentious) discussion.
    If my assumption is not correct, then I apologize in advance.

Rick
    Last edited by RAConnol; 08-27-2019 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RAConnol View Post
    Not really, IMHO, as the BCL Gen1, Gen2 and the Troy 102 all share the same (or very similar) FRT, which I was lead to believe, was the topic under (contentious) discussion.
    In the sense that they all share the same basic FRT you would be correct. And I think that's what has caused some of the confusion for some people and lead to this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by RAConnol View Post
    If my assumption is not correct, then I apologize in advance.

Rick
    Both BCL and Troy have obviously made some cosmetic changes since the original FRT which is what I got caught up in comparing (or trying to find which two share the most similarities).

No need to apologize to some random internet guy who may just as well have made the wrong assumption as to what the main topic of discussion was. It's all good

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast