Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Troy 102 !! EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS !!

Quote Originally Posted by MJS View Post
    Now,can you convince them to make some receiver sets for us?

Pretty stoked to see this rifle,but why couldn’t they make that upper receiver contour line up with the lower,it’s killing my OCD.
    Right? That was my first thought. Whole thing seems rushed. No one seems to want to get back to me about a .243 anyway.

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    We have asked for some .243's and 6.5CM's but won't have them till the next batch.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mark-II's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Silencer View Post
    If it's not explicitly stated the it's safe to assume it's not 7075.
    Starting to think that myself, unless all of the pointless bickering has sufficiently buried the original question.

The barrel is a bit vague as well though I've learned to expect that, without some provenance or depth of detail, "match" is just a marketing term abused in the MSR scene
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

SO why all the hubbub even if its the """same""" receiver ? Wasnt the problem with the BCL102s the BCG they used ? Something about the extractors on them being pretty grabo ?
    Or is there more to it ?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Mark-II's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceiferiro View Post
    SO why all the hubbub even if its the """same""" receiver ? Wasnt the problem with the BCL102s the BCG they used ? Something about the extractors on them being pretty grabo ?
    Or is there more to it ?
    That, and the process cheese alloy that they chose to paint instead of anodizing to impart some surface hardness. None of which pertains to the design, the execution of which by Troy should be divorced from the typical nea derangement syndrome infesting the topic.
    Schrödinger's Gat - The logical paradox which posits that a firearm, stored safe in the home, is at the same time On The Streets

Saw it at taccom, spoke to a couple people about it. It's essentially a rebranded BCL102 with super minor differences.

CGN frequent flyer hannibal.black98's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by driller212 View Post
    Barrel profile... They just never learn to put a light profile on. Guys who care about LR accuracy will put on an aftermarket heavy anyways so why not just ship em with light profile barrels? I don't get it.
    Why get a SEMI AUTO...only to have it heat up and shift POA/POI after only a few rounds?! Lol...especially in a "larger" calibre too!!!
    Glock people... *face palm* - Valaden (I love it!!!) ---- In NO way and at NO time is your airsoft gun ever a "beast" LOLLL ----
    Team 7.62x51mm - Multicam Black Gang - .45Auto holes > 9mm holes -

Quote Originally Posted by hannibal.black98 View Post
    Why get a SEMI AUTO...only to have it heat up and shift POA/POI after only a few rounds?! Lol...especially in a "larger" calibre too!!!
    A lightweight Barrel will only wander as it heats up if it was not properly stress relieved at the factory during the manufacturing process. All of the Main Battle Rifles of the 1950s and 60s were designed and factory-equipped with so-called "pencil profile" barrels. Picture the FN FAL, M14, G3, heck - even the original AI AR10 had a lightweight Barrel beneath a Grenade-Launching Barrel Shroud. Back in the early 1980s Army Reserves we used to fire our FN C1A1s until the wooden Handguards were quite literally smoking hot, without significant POI shift. And that's an absolute fact, not a hazy youthful recollection. So you see, only an improperly treated barrel will crap the bed and suffer POI shift as it heats up.
    Mark C

CGN frequent flyer hannibal.black98's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartok5 View Post
    A lightweight Barrel will only wander as it heats up if it was not properly stress relieved at the factory during the manufacturing process. All of the Main Battle Rifles of the 1950s and 60s were designed and factory-equipped with so-called "pencil profile" barrels. Picture the FN FAL, M14, G3, heck - even the original AI AR10 had a lightweight Barrel beneath a Grenade-Launching Barrel Shroud. Back in the early 1980s Army Reserves we used to fire our FN C1A1s until the wooden Handguards were quite literally smoking hot, without significant POI shift. And that's an absolute fact, not a hazy youthful recollection. So you see, only an improperly treated barrel will crap the bed and suffer POI shift as it heats up.
    If that is true (not saying it's not/you are wrong) then why are medium-heavy barrels even a "thing" then?
    Last edited by hannibal.black98; 09-12-2019 at 01:44 AM. Reason: spelling
    Glock people... *face palm* - Valaden (I love it!!!) ---- In NO way and at NO time is your airsoft gun ever a "beast" LOLLL ----
    Team 7.62x51mm - Multicam Black Gang - .45Auto holes > 9mm holes -

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567