Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 8.5 Billion Dollars and 48,000 Jobs in the Canadian Firearms Industry

Quote Originally Posted by dba2004 View Post
    Also from the point of view of humble consumers ... I stopped purchasing new guns and toys months ago... i don't want to loose my hard earning money to the Liberals...
    If that was a concern of mine, I would have stopped purchasing guns 50 years ago. What the government may or may not do in the future has never hampered my activities. To each their own.

CGN Regular
    I would appreciate it if the "Sporting gun advocacy group" would use the term "firearms" in place of "weapons". A target rifle or a hunting rifle or shotgun is not designed to be a "weapon" although it may certainly be used as one. But then, so can a kitchen knife or a hammer or a piece of stove wood.

Quote Originally Posted by wjklassen View Post
    I would appreciate it if the "Sporting gun advocacy group" would use the term "firearms" in place of "weapons". A target rifle or a hunting rifle or shotgun is not designed to be a "weapon" although it may certainly be used as one. But then, so can a kitchen knife or a hammer or a piece of stove wood.
    Haha "stove wood"

Well said, I was just going to say similar

Quote Originally Posted by wjklassen View Post
    The "firearm vs "weapon" label seems to come up frequently. As you have pointed out, almost anything can be used as a weapon. One of the more unusual "weapons" I have read about was a woman beating her husband to death using a frozen leg of lamb, striking him repeatedly on the head. No one would ever go the butchers and ask for a "leg of assault lamb" or "weapons lamb". Firearms were and are designed as weapons regardless if one never uses as such. Yes, I understand saying "firearm" rather than "weapon" makes for less offensive language for some.

CGN Regular
    Weapons- how about civilian airliners?. Remember 9/11. How about vehicles? Remember the mass casualties in Toronto a few years ago. Remember the CAF member ran down in St. Jean? Let's not forget!

I guess we'll find out if jobs are really important to the Liberals.

Ban planes then!

Quote Originally Posted by tactical72 View Post
    I'm looking forward to seeing Prime Minister Castreau "stand up for Canadian jobs" and "not apologise" for doing so.
    Today could be the last day of the rest of your life.

You bet they are, Just there own.
    Quote Originally Posted by tactical72 View Post

Right, you will remember C68 , I was dealing at a Edmonton gun show at that time, first show under C68 and what a gong show that was , the Firearms officers there, and there where a bunch ,where asking us dealers how / what this is? Interesting show.
    Customers where running scared, dumping guns, and old guys like us where buying a bunch.
    I am way to old to start to worry now, I have wife that keeps asking about all the guns, now that is a worry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
    If that was a concern of mine, I would have stopped purchasing guns 50 years ago. What the government may or may not do in the future has never hampered my activities. To each their own.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast