Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 8.5 Billion Dollars and 48,000 Jobs in the Canadian Firearms Industry

Quote Originally Posted by wjklassen View Post
    I would appreciate it if the "Sporting gun advocacy group" would use the term "firearms" in place of "weapons". A target rifle or a hunting rifle or shotgun is not designed to be a "weapon" although it may certainly be used as one. But then, so can a kitchen knife or a hammer or a piece of stove wood.
    What is wrong with Canadians owning weapons?

those are not small numbers.
    curious why our elected want to disarm the most peaceful of our populace.
    "an armed society, is a polite society"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer homeboy1's Avatar
    The Liberals happily shut down the oil industry, worth many times what the sporting arms industry is worth. Ab lost 150 k in jobs alone. Never mind what the rest of the provinces lost in related spinoff employment. The firearms control agenda is about totally disarming the population. The Liberals will go hard on this agenda if they win in October. They will not be deterred by statistics or common sense. I suggest we all put aside our differences and vote to prevent this from happening. In October, we have a lot more at stake than just firearms ownership.

I would appreciate it if the "Sporting gun advocacy group" would use the term "firearms" in place of "weapons". A target rifle or a hunting rifle or shotgun is not designed to be a "weapon" although it may certainly be used as one. But then, so can a kitchen knife or a hammer or a piece of stove wood.
    Maybe it's because my native is french, in which firearms (armes à feu) are just a sub-class of weapons (armes), but I really don't mind having them called weapons.

CGN Regular
    I don't think we need to shy away from the word weapon. We need to unite and stop letting these left wing intruders tell us that we aren't responsible enough to handle them.

BANNED
    You would think they would be more aware of their messaging when communicating

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by homeboy1 View Post
    The Liberals happily shut down the oil industry, worth many times what the sporting arms industry is worth. Ab lost 150 k in jobs alone. Never mind what the rest of the provinces lost in related spinoff employment. The firearms control agenda is about totally disarming the population. The Liberals will go hard on this agenda if they win in October. They will not be deterred by statistics or common sense. I suggest we all put aside our differences and vote to prevent this from happening. In October, we have a lot more at stake than just firearms ownership.
    Well said they are not shy to spend our money or lose same..

Quote Originally Posted by Kosmonument View Post
    I don't think we need to shy away from the word weapon. We need to unite and stop letting these left wing intruders tell us that we aren't responsible enough to handle them.
    You get it.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackPowderBurner View Post
    “Recreational Weapons” “Hunting Weapons”. Wow. The war of words is being used against us. 1984 is creeping closer and closer. All firearms are weapons. Lies are truth, war is peace, ignorance is strength.
    It doesn’t help when a lot of people on this very forum refer to them as weapons or other such terms . They should always without exception be referee to as firearms . A firearm is no different then calling a hammer a hammer or a car a car , a weapon implies hurting

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FLHTCUI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackPowderBurner View Post
    “Recreational Weapons” “Hunting Weapons”. Wow. The war of words is being used against us. 1984 is creeping closer and closer. All firearms are weapons. Lies are truth, war is peace, ignorance is strength.
    Ahh and it wont be long before the thought police are set upon us...
    Rob
    Infantryman Terry J Street,2nd Battalion, PPCLI, Shilo, Man. EOT, April 4 2008 Panjwayi District Afghanistan,Constable Jimmy Ng,RCMP EOW,Sunday, September 15, 2002

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast