Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Marstar is Back

You can always tell who’s retired with plenty of time on their hands when these threads spiral out out of control.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyShooter View Post
    Interesting.

I, for one, am skeptical.
    I don't ban/suspend/remove posts/complain about people for posting respectful responses that can be supported with evidence. I did clip your post in my quote here to keep this thread readable (Hope you'll forgive me)

The company has changed hands. John1 wanted out to enjoy his retirement. We were faced with the prospect of shutting down the business, or purchasing it and not having to find jobs in other industries, I for one, don't want to do anything else with my life than sell and work on firearms. Johns vault is being maintained to help him liquidate his personal stock and free up space in the warehouse, and this was part of the purchase agreement. I ask him questions related to red tape and negotiating with our international counterparts, not related to day to day operations or how the company is run.

I'm not going to hide behind lies, I'll be absolutely upfront with anyone who wants to discuss the situation. Hopefully that means something, and hopefully, when we've earned it, you'll be willing to give us another shot. If it doesn't or if you could never do business with Marstar because of what happened under the previous owners, as I said, I don't hold it against anyone. You have the right to spend your money the way you see fit.

Best regards, and thanks for reading the thread.
    Payam
    Last edited by MarstarCanada; 09-06-2019 at 11:24 AM. Reason: edited for accuracy

CGN Ultra frequent flyer NavyShooter's Avatar
    I had lunch with John one summer - a few years ago there was a demo tent setup at CFSAC (now CAFSAC) and some of the AIA Enfields were brought out.

I also, once upon a time, submitted a resume for a position offered at MARSTAR.

As mentioned, I am...skeptical...and now willing to bet my money again on a company that's left many of us once bitten twice shy.

For those who are not familiar with the history, I will encourage you to read the tale of the T2 Garand that I have linked above.

The history is there, and the name is tarnished, particularly in the eyes of many of us who are serious collectors.

NS
    One shot one tequilla

Death from a bar....

NavyShooter, Thank you for your open-mindedness, Please feel free to contact me directly should you have any issues, I'd be happy to help if I can.

BigRobb, The thread doesn't seem out of control to me, and its important that people who had an issue with Marstar have a place to write a longform message that we can respond to.

Payam

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredchev View Post
    Why continue with the same name if it has such a negative history to it?

Grouse river changed and it seemed to work for them. Hard to out run someone's history with the same name
    Lots of people still won't do business with the new grouse river, I guess the name change has fooled some
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MarstarCanada View Post

coleman, I couldn't tell you. I joined Marstar after that happened, and we've cleaned house since.
    Payam
    sounds like you were hired on to become a new front man for the same old company?
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer lone ranger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRobb View Post
    You can always tell who’s retired with plenty of time on their hands when these threads spiral out out of control.

LOL.....you may be right.......
    A victimless crime is a term used to refer to actions that have been ruled illegal but which are argued not to directly violate or threaten the rights of any other individual.

For all those saying they should have changed the name of the company, I salute them for keeping the same name. First off changing the name of a company can be pricey. But the biggest thing is, if they had changed the name, did their new website, etc, people would be accusing them of trying to hide. People would whine and ##### that they were trying to start anew and hide from what had happened in the past.

Instead they kept the name and came here hat in hand with a true apology instead of just waltzing back and acting like it never happened. They are owning up to what the store had done in the past and letting us know things have changed.

That is a very big step to make.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian46 View Post
    Lots of people still won't do business with the new grouse river, I guess the name change has fooled some
    Yes.. You can put perfume on a pig.. But it's still a pig

Welcome back Payam and friends! Wish you all good luck in the future.