Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Marstar is Back

Looking forward to dealing with you Payam, and Marstar crew.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Payam

Not harping on this or beating a dead horse, but there was much speculation during the T2 scam as to what would happen to the parts for the the T2's. People thought that Marstar would lay low for awhile until the uproar died down and then we would see these same rifles broken down into parts and flogged on the internet. It would go a long way if you could tell us the whereabouts and the outcome of these parts.

Will I continue to shop with Marstar? Yes...but with much caution only because John is still involved in some capacity. Dump his ass and most people wouldnt even think twice about buying from you. As long as he is around in even the most minute role, you will need to wear that anchor around your neck. Hopefully you don't venture into the water too deep.

Just so you understand; the T2 issue wasn't the first time John has pulled this kind of BS, there have been many other instances, long before CGN was around even. For those of us who have been around awhile havent forgotten. This was not a one-off.
    I dislike having a battle of wits when my opponent comes unarmed....it just seems so unsportsmanlike!

If you have what I want... I did and will patronize from you.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    People who were negatively affected by Marstar's past have every given right to be skeptical or even critical if they still wish.

However if deception was the goal here it would make absolutely ZERO sense for the company to continue on with the Marstar name. This alone gives me the confidence that things are only going to start looking up from here.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

CGN Regular
    Interesting that you buy a company with that much baggage and not rename it. Seems like an uphill battle.

Regardless, I've ordered from you in the past couple months and have no complaints.

Thanks and good luck - will keep you in mind for future purchases

Welcome back. I have been a long time customer and never an issue. I will verify their current customer service excellence, they were watching my thread on my BCL 102 OOB detonation and destruction of the rifle and offered me full store credit with the return of the BNIB 102 BCL sent me even though past the 30 day limit policy. They saw that I did not trust the rifle any more. Waiting on the replacement Stag 10 which should be soon.

Still alive, I'd like to respectfully ask you to get out of my head.

Rambones, thank you kindly.

Light Infantry, The rifles are still here and intact. We (before my time) picked up new bolts that were not ground down and replaced/headspaced each one. They're still here, individually cased in guncases. I have re-headspaced a few just to confirm that everything was re-done correctly (it was on the ones I tested), and have test fired a couple myself.

I'm only aware of the T2 issue, I'd be interested to hear more about your experience if you'd be willing to send me a PM or give me a call at the office. It would be useful to me so I can better understand others who share your position.

SKSbitten, I look forward to doing business at some point. Please don't be shy to reach out or call if you have any questions.

Saintly, Thanks for the support, hope we'll see you around again at some point.

Slash, Thanks for the kind words, I'll see if I can get you an update.

Payam

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Still alive View Post
    Pretty sure that no matter how or if John is involved, now that the new owners are out of pocket and need to recoup their financial investment and staking the shaky reputation of Marstar on it, it would be foolish and business ending to repeat or even been seen to try and deceive their customers again.

They know that CGNers have long memories and will be watching closely for potential scams and customer service issues from Marstar.

In fact, I predict that the new owners will have the best customer service and competitive prices to overcome the past history. Time to buy is now, before things potentially change again in the future....( maybe!)
    This sums up my thoughts as well, I agree that now is the time to buy before the honeymoon is over, right now there is a big emphasis on customer service, time will tell if that lasts.

I had over a decade of good dealings with Marstar before the T2 fiasco burned me. To be honest I am still hesitant to deal with you guys again, knowing that there are employees from the previous regime still around. It was not just John who had the attitude, some of the employees I spoke with while trying to deal with the T2 issues were just as bad.

Forgive me for saying how I feel, I wish you all and your future customers the best of luck

Good luck, but yes, us guys who've been around here a long time won't forget John's berating of the very people he scammed using this forum. A real peice of work. Its sad to hear you've maintained any business relationship with him whatsoever.
    If you meet more than one azzhole per day...chances are you're the azzhole....

CGN frequent flyer stripperclipper's Avatar
    Like it or not, I think marstar will do just fine.
    Also known as "Dewey Cox" on other forums.