Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Company Overview Video

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aprilia Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TAC21 View Post
    Our Black Friday sale starts on November 29 at 3:00 PM Pacific Standard Time.

Yes, we sure did!
    Can you guys have one again next year when you get the New MDT (JAE) chassis out? Pleeeeaasse .....
    CCFR MDRGC

You guys have put out some great products. Looking forward to what’s next. Although you tend to wind up with too much of my disposable income. So far I’ve owned:
    MDT TAC-21 for a Remington 700 SA in FDE
    MDT TAC-21 for a Savage SA in Black
    MDT HS3 for a Savage SA in Black/FDE/ODG
    MDT LSS-XL for a Remington LA in Black
    MDT TAC-21 for a Savage SA in FDE
    MDT ESS for a Remington SA in FDE

Wow! I start listing the products of yours that I’ve owned over the years and I start thinking I should get frequent flyer points, or something. And that’s not counting the magazines and other accessories.
    Last edited by KePet; 11-17-2019 at 02:20 PM.
    My wife calls me a pessimist. I claim I'm a realist. But I'm probably just an a$$hole with an attitude problem.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by KePet View Post
    You guys have put out some great products. Looking forward to what’s next. Although you tend to wind up with too much of my disposable income. So far I’ve owned:
    MDT TAC-21 for a Remington 700 SA in FDE
    MDT TAC-21 for a Savage SA in Black
    MDT HS3 for a Savage SA in Black/FDE/ODG
    MDT LSS-XL for a Savage LA in Black
    MDT TAC-21 for a Savage SA in FDE
    MDT ESS for a Remington SA in FDE

Wow! I start listing the products of yours that I’ve owned over the years and I start thinking I should get frequent flyer points, or something. And that’s not counting the magazines and other accessories.
    With such a wide range of sampling, would you mind sharing your thoughts, pro/cons and preference on the models you’ve owned.

All of the MDT products I've owned have been top quality. The only issue I ever encountered was with the first TAC-21 for a Savage. Tried to put a 10 TR into it, and the bottom bolt release caused a fitment issue. A quick call to MDT, 5 minutes with the dremel and some touch up paint and I was good to go. I should also state that all of their products have produced an increase in the accuracy of the firearms that were mounted in them.

The TAC-21's have always been a favorite of mine, as you can see from the list. However, they are a little bulky, and do add weight to the gun. I really like them for target shooting, but don't know if I would want to try carrying one all day in the bush, on a hunt.

Picked up the LSS-XL for a Reminton 700 in 7mm RM. It did everything it was advertised to do. They are lightweight. Increase accuracy. Just a great chassis. Only one problem - I just hate the way the LSS and the LSS-XL look. The XL is better than the LSS, but I still could't warm up to the look of it. Can't bring myself to look at the Savage Stealth series either. I know it sounds petty, but I just couldn't "fall in love" with a rifle that I considered that ugly. Rifle went into a B & C Medalist, and has since been sold off. Which reminds me. I've still got the LSS-XL - need to put that on the EE.

The HS-3 was put on a .223 Savage with a custom barrel from Jerry at Mystic Precision. It shot like a dream in that chassis, and coyotes learned to fear that rifle. It was a really nice chassis, and kept the weight realistic for a field rifle. I liked the HS-3 and would still have it, but the wife's nephew's second cousin twice removed was out at the house and fell in love with the stock. So it went to him for his target/coyote gun.

Now the .223 is riding in another TAC-21, just because I found a killer deal on it in the EE. Still a little bulky and heavy, but it will do for now, until I get it into the chassis that I want it in. Please see below.

The ESS. Again saw this chassis on the EE. Wasn't a killer price, but it wasn't bad, so I picked it up. I had one of the Remington AAC-SD's with a 16.5" barrel in a Magpul Hunter stock. They're a decent stock, and it let me use AI mags. The rifle went into the ESS chassis, and it was like a dream. The ESS, as far as I'm concerned, is close to the perfect offering from MDT. It's not as bulky as the TAC-21, has even better ergonomics, comes with an MDT stock, and doesn't add a lot of weight. The only thing I'm missing on this one is a folding stock capability. Unfortunately I'm a Savage guy - don't know why - so the Remington is up in the EE right now. Once it's sold, I'll be buying another ESS chassis from MDT. Maybe 2, as I'd like to do another custom barrel from Jerry, but in .308 this time.

Personally I love the MDT products. They have always given me huge value for the price point. The only real negative I have is with the TAC-21 weight/bulk of it, yet I keep coming back to it, time and time again, because of the advantages it gives me at a price that I can't argue with. Think about it for a minute: If you have a rifle you really like and want to get rid of the cheap plastic stocks that all manufacturers use today. Order from Boyds and you're $350, never mind an HS Precision, or MacMillan. Then bottom metal so that you can use AI mags, which are so convenient and they're everywhere, and you're another $350 at least. Then there's still inletting, bedding, etc. MDT gives you all the performance advantages, at less than the custom stock process will cost. NOW that they have acquired the rights to the JAE products, I can't wait. Not sure if there will be another ESS in my future, or an MDT/JAE offering.
    Last edited by KePet; 11-17-2019 at 02:21 PM.
    My wife calls me a pessimist. I claim I'm a realist. But I'm probably just an a$$hole with an attitude problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilia Man View Post
    Can you guys have one again next year when you get the New MDT (JAE) chassis out? Pleeeeaasse .....
    Our Black Friday sale is on the only sale and we will keep doing it!

KePet, thank you for for the review, what a great write up. Yes, the TAC 21 is a bit on the bulkier side, and that is why we came out with the LSS and LSS-XL. We have some very exciting products being announced at SHOT show this year, so stay tuned!
    Modular Driven Technologies Corp (MDT)
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MDTTAC21
    YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/MDTTac

Just an update, the sale will start on Thursday, November 28th at 3pm Pacific, not the 29th :-)

Just remember the limited quantity items are on a first-come, first paid for scenario, just because it's in your shopping cart does not mean that it's guaranteed until it's paid for so if needed, please check out multiple times, we can deal with combining shipping after if needed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12