Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141517 ... LastLast

Thread: GSG-16s are on their way!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer phillyblt's Avatar
    Very hard to wait. But I think it will be worth the wait.
    Don't miss... I won't...

Quote Originally Posted by phillyblt View Post
    Very hard to wait. But I think it will be worth the wait.
    there is only one thing to do to pass the time, grab some tv dinners and hang out in your favourite air duct!
    “... and they who cried: “Appease, Appease!” are hanged by men they tried to please.”

Quote Originally Posted by NeonGreen View Post
    there is only one thing to do to pass the time, grab some tv dinners and hang out in your favourite air duct!
    LOL. Or grab another gun and go to the range.
    Don't miss... I won't...

For those worried about strength, the made-of-plastic point is a big plus for this gun IMHO, not a downside. At 4.8lbs it points like a dream and is fun the whole family.

Quote Originally Posted by Wal-Mart Greeter View Post
    For those worried about strength, the made-of-plastic point is a big plus for this gun IMHO, not a downside. At 4.8lbs it points like a dream and is fun the whole family.
    Yeah that's what I'm thinking. Can't wait.
    Don't miss... I won't...

indeed light weight is good, I intend to take off the fake suppressor, which is still made of metal and at the furthest distance. I think the barrel beneath is stainless, so may or may not paint it flat black.
    Surprised nobody has experimented with the suppressor removed, unless it really does look dorky without the fake can...

Quote Originally Posted by Rimfire001 View Post
    indeed light weight is good, I intend to take off the fake suppressor, which is still made of metal and at the furthest distance. I think the barrel beneath is stainless, so may or may not paint it flat black.
    Surprised nobody has experimented with the suppressor removed, unless it really does look dorky without the fake can...
    i don't know much about 3d printing but maybe somebody could print a solid, heat resistant polymer shroud that looks the same but weighs less to improve the balance?
    “... and they who cried: “Appease, Appease!” are hanged by men they tried to please.”

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Wal-Mart Greeter View Post
    I have work drills and impacts that abuse 1 million times worst than anything anyone with a firearms would do to it and nothing brakes on the drills , so if the gsg16 is even just similar there is absolutely no worries about the plastic breaking lol

Quote Originally Posted by NeonGreen View Post
    i don't know much about 3d printing but maybe somebody could print a solid, heat resistant polymer shroud that looks the same but weighs less to improve the balance?
    There is no 3D printable polymer that would withstand being so close to a hot barrel. Even PEEK only has a glass transition temperature of 143 degrees C and it costs 600$+ per kg. With 110 round mags available I’d be worried.

But if it makes you feel any better they’ve already thought of that, the faux suppressor is designed smaller than a regular suppressor and with pretty thin gauge metal for exactly this reason. It points PERFECTLY as is.

Quote Originally Posted by OkayShooter View Post
    You could pick up the phone and call them. And ask yourself. Rather than whining on the internet because your are not getting your way.
    A single post on CGN saying an update after over 20 days while holding thousands of dollars of customers money>Dozens of customers all calling the company asking for an update because they gave them hundreds of dollars

Next time use your thinking skills
    Collector of WW2 German firearms