Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bought a Restricted gun online.. got a reference number from dealer. What next?

Bought a Restricted gun online.. got a reference number from dealer. What next?

Hi,

Brought it from gotenda. Got a transfer reference number with the following comment
    "Hi
    We had submitted your transfer to Chief Firearm Office. The reference number : XXXXXXX
    We will contact you as soon as we get the transfer approved.
    Thanks you!
    Regards
    Team Tenda"
    "

Do I need to call CFO to get the transfer completed?
    If yes to above, can I do this online (I am able to see my account online) using the "Register firearms" menu after logging in.

Thanks in Advance.

Simply put, in my experience if bought from a store they handle all transfer stuff, no need to call in.

Buying from private seller need to call in with reference to complete

They (Tenda) will ship once they receive the Transfer notification from CFO.
    The buyer's copy will be included with the shipment.
    It states that you may now take possession of the firearm and a Registration Certificate will be sent in a separate envelope.
    Nothing for you to do except wait for the shipping notification.

Dealers complete the transfer. They are responsible for confirming your identity.

Thank you everyone.i appreciate the responses.

CGN Regular
    Mine's been sitting at Tenda with that notice since August 23. Slow transfer this time around. First handgun took a couple of days. Should I call in?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer btabin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alchemist View Post
    Mine's been sitting at Tenda with that notice since August 23. Slow transfer this time around. First handgun took a couple of days. Should I call in?
    What is your province? I know BC should only take a few business days maximum (my last few have all been <24 hours); they've been really on ball the last little bit, it's been nice.

But yeah, you might as well call in. There's no harm in it, so long as you don't mind wasting a bit of time with the call itself.

CGN Regular
    Ontario. Just seems a bit weird since this isn’t my first handgun and the first was so fast.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Alchemist View Post
    Peak vacation season. That said, give them a call and ask. Never hurts!

CGN Regular
    I think maybe Tenda reads these threads.....everything is on its way today. Just got a shipping notice! Thanks Tenda!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast