Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Last Day at Taccom

Business Member Rep

Last Day at Taccom

It has been a great two days at Taccom and we have enjoyed meeting so many new people from the Canadian Shooting Sports Community. The event has been very well attended (don't let these photos fool you...it was tough to catch a break to take them!) and it is very encouraging to see such vibrant interest in The Canadian Shooting Sports.

Name:  70404949_2451810701612595_8804416046057390080_o.jpg
Views: 1747
Size:  147.2 KB
    Name:  69762749_2451810731612592_3749903703818108928_o.jpg
Views: 1708
Size:  134.9 KB
    Name:  69589509_2451810808279251_8493587141132025856_o.jpg
Views: 1616
Size:  144.4 KB

I attended with my wife, both over 60 , saw it on line as $15.00 , got to the show , it was $20.00, didn't think twice about it, just assumed it was cheaper for advanced ticket sales, which is usually standard practice. But I never gave it a second thought. Great show, huge product lines, well presented, huge crowds. Tell you what I'll do, if it's going to be that big of a deal to you paying the extra five dollars. Drop me a line, I will send you the five dollars, and we will all be happy, and get along. As an enthusiast of the sport for many years, this is one time with the pending election, we should all be unified and not have any dissention.

Show was awesome but Security was stupid.

I made quite a few purchases and most of the vendors did not provide receipts, nor did I ask for them.

Got to the exit to leave and I was detained by a guard who asked that I produce receipts for my purchases. I told him I didn't have anything but a text message receipt from Urban Tactical for some shoes I got, and he demanded that I connect to an unsecured wifi network to see it.

Was going to argue with the guy but fortunately the Peel Region Police officer told me not to worry about it and let me go.

This was ridiculous. If I need receipts at TACCOM they better provide them upfront and let us know we need them. Been to tens of conventions around North America and this was a first!!!!!
    My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge... - Hosea 4:6

Quote Originally Posted by Loosethoughts View Post
    Show was awesome but Security was stupid.

I made quite a few purchases and most of the vendors did not provide receipts, nor did I ask for them.

Got to the exit to leave and I was detained by a guard who asked that I produce receipts for my purchases. I told him I didn't have anything but a text message receipt from Urban Tactical for some shoes I got, and he demanded that I connect to an unsecured wifi network to see it.

Was going to argue with the guy but fortunately the Peel Region Police officer told me not to worry about it and let me go.

This was ridiculous. If I need receipts at TACCOM they better provide them upfront and let us know we need them. Been to tens of conventions around North America and this was a first!!!!!
    Agreed, security was a bit of a joke for an event like this. Items that would normal send airport (or other) security into a tailspin didn't even register with people at the door.....I'm not even sure their detector/wand was even turned on.

Other than that, it was a great show.

Just my .02 cents

great show, my son got more gift than me. security checking / scanning is a total joke, plus they scan you on the way out too.

This is Select's thread ( and also my picture thread) if some people need to complain about ticket price take itto TACCOM's own forum. I have deleted all these posts on ticket price complaints that are unrelated to either Select nor my picture thread.

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

CGN Regular
    Select is one of my favorite stores. Great people to deal with.
    I bought the "Noisefighters" gel ear pad replacements there.
    Great to see so many venders and large crowds.
    In regards to security, I believe they are provided by the International Centre. They check receipts the same way at the Ski Show there.

I spent way too much money at your booth...and yet my only regret was I didn't bring more cash!

Not sure about the other security comments, I got receipts for my stuff and wasn't asked or stopped by security, except for a quick wand on the way in. I can't imagine they'd be too concerned, there were enough cops running around to stop a small riot.

Security did ask me for a receipt but didn't check the items purchased, so not much of a security check if you ask me.

I hope there wasn't too much shoplifting though, with high price items on the shelves of the various retailers and lots of people everywhere.

Overall great experience and a great set up at Select Shooting Supplies.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Select Shooting Supplies had an excellent booth. It was great to see them there.

This was a great show and it's great to see our sport being brought into the public eye in such a positive way. I thank Select and all the other vendors for being a part of such a great event.

As to the people complaining about security??????? You've obviously never been to a shopping mall or even a grocery store in a third world country. Search your bag, check it in at a desk, walk through a metal detector, hat off, arms out and a full pat down before you go inside.

Security at Canada's largest firearms show was a cake walk competitively. We are so blessed in this country yet many are so blind as to just how blessed we are.

Less complaining and more enjoying please.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast