Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Last Day at Taccom

I've travelled all over the world bud, and North America is the only place with such foolish security measures. I really don't mind the searches, pat down or anything else but asking for receipts is a truly North American thing. Just as useless as Walmart/Costco receipt checkers. What would he do if I didn't have anything? Confiscate my newly purchased shoes that I held in the vendors bag?

My feedback was only for the vendors; ensure your customer knows he needs to produce a receipt at the door. Thank the Lord the police officer had more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    Select Shooting Supplies had an excellent booth. It was great to see them there.

This was a great show and it's great to see our sport being brought into the public eye in such a positive way. I thank Select and all the other vendors for being a part of such a great event.

As to the people complaining about security??????? You've obviously never been to a shopping mall or even a grocery store in a third world country. Search your bag, check it in at a desk, walk through a metal detector, hat off, arms out and a full pat down before you go inside.

Security at Canada's largest firearms show was a cake walk competitively. We are so blessed in this country yet many are so blind as to just how blessed we are.

Less complaining and more enjoying please.
    My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge... - Hosea 4:6

A fantastic show, and we should be proud of our community for pulling it off. A few hiccups which I'm sure TACCOM will learn from and resolve for a smoother 3rd annual.
    If you meet more than one azzhole per day...chances are you're the azzhole....

security to get in was kind of funny, as i was walking to the back of the line i see the guy waving the wand over people and every single person was beeping and he was just waving them through without checking them, with two cops standing right there watching it who clearly didn't care either. it reminded me of the Simpsons episode "the cartridge family" where they go to the NRA meeting and everyone is setting off the metal detector, then Kearney goes through and doesn't beep so they make him go back through, give him a handgun, then back through the metal detector

the show was awesome though!will be back again next year!
    “... and they who cried: “Appease, Appease!” are hanged by men they tried to please.”

Business Member Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by greentips View Post
    This is Select's thread ( and also my picture thread) if some people need to complain about ticket price take itto TACCOM's own forum. I have deleted all these posts on ticket price complaints that are unrelated to either Select nor my picture thread.
    Thanks. Due to being so busy on the third day, then packing up, then getting home late, I had no time to moderate our own section.

What an awesome show! I was very impressed with the Select setup. I think the store must have been empty based on the selection displayed!
    CCFR Field Officer, CSSA Member

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Loosethoughts View Post
    Show was awesome but Security was stupid.

I made quite a few purchases and most of the vendors did not provide receipts, nor did I ask for them.

Got to the exit to leave and I was detained by a guard who asked that I produce receipts for my purchases. I told him I didn't have anything but a text message receipt from Urban Tactical for some shoes I got, and he demanded that I connect to an unsecured wifi network to see it.

Was going to argue with the guy but fortunately the Peel Region Police officer told me not to worry about it and let me go.

This was ridiculous. If I need receipts at TACCOM they better provide them upfront and let us know we need them. Been to tens of conventions around North America and this was a first!!!!!
    I think thats the kind of detail that could easily get missed in a show like this where its their first run at that venue. Its a good point. A polite email to the show organizer sharing your experience and I'm sure they will get those wrinkles sorted out for next year.
    Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods. HL Mencken. 1919.

I made quite a few purchases and most of the vendors did not provide receipts, nor did I ask for them.

Got to the exit to leave and I was detained by a guard who asked that I produce receipts for my purchases. I told him I didn't have anything but a text message receipt from Urban Tactical for some shoes I got, and he demanded that I connect to an unsecured wifi network to see it.

Was going to argue with the guy but fortunately the Peel Region Police officer told me not to worry about it and let me go.

This was ridiculous. If I need receipts at TACCOM they better provide them upfront and let us know we need them. Been to tens of conventions around North America and this was a first!!!!!
    To all those who where concerned about the being stopped at the door, this was in direct response to a FLIR scope and a media camera bag being stolen from a couple of booths day 1! There is always a thief in the crowd!!

Business Member
    Interesting feedback, we provided a receipt for every transaction but only because it is our normal practice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12