Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thank You For The Support!

'Bad taste' is overly polite.

Quote Originally Posted by AnUniqueName View Post
    'Bad taste' is overly polite.
    Not going to lie, but the video was amusing. Did Tenda get a little butt-hurt from it? Sure. If it wasn't an issue on their part, Tenda would never had posted it in their section.

I'll stick around and see what FOC has to say about it, lol.
    “The lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves.”

Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post

Very classy
    Seems a bit racist to me. Would love to hear what FOC has to say, definitely won't be buying from them until they respond.

Quote Originally Posted by devolut View Post
    Folks are all about free speech when it comes to "LGBT" magazines but we have a problem now with a little ribbing for Tenda? I always post in Tenda threads to speak up for Tenda, a LGS that has a great reputation, great prices, and great people tending to their going concern. This video may have been in bad taste, but it's interesting to see the sides taken on the forum over different issues that fall under freedom of speech. This video was obviously intended to parody the recent accusations from certain threads on CGN regarding ammo deals at Tenda, but the bottom line is that no press is bad press. Long live Tenda!!
    That's not how freedom of speech works.

Freedom of speech guarantees your right to say things without government interference. It doesn't mean we have to stay silent when somebody does or says something we don't like.

Guys who say you can't criticize them because they're just exercising their freedom of speech are...dare I say...snowflakes.

The video perpetuates chinese stereotypes and ridicules a chinese-canadian owned business and their chinese customers. FOC may have a right to create a tasteless video like this, but all it does is alienate potential chinese customers and make them not feel welcome at FOC. I'd love to know what FOC were thinking when they created this video.

They weren't.

That's why they aren't addressing this issue. Can you hear the crickets chirping?

That's some dirty boxing.... In a country where your business is at risk such as Canada, there shouldn't be any place for taking cheap shots at the competition when all they're doing is beating your pricing... Actually, every time I've been to FOC, I've been basically ignored, and found the young guys behind the counter are basically useless.

I stand by my amusement that some forms of "free speech" seem to be given a pass on CGN but others not.. I never said people can't criticize my comments, even though some posters think that's what I meant.

Further, perhaps you are new to this country but yes if you go to certain establishments you are given preferential treatment depending on who you are.. if you want to argue about that you can until you're blue in the face, but it's a common reality and it's not a mark on any individual "race", it's just how things are. And I'm not at all saying that is my experience with Tenda, as a fat white guy!

So, as if I'm channeling the responses to my own "oh this is distasteful" comments in the "LGBT" mags thread(s), GET OVER IT.

Quote Originally Posted by frenchie_84 View Post
    That's some dirty boxing.... In a country where your business is at risk such as Canada, there shouldn't be any place for taking cheap shots at the competition when all they're doing is beating your pricing... Actually, every time I've been to FOC, I've been basically ignored, and found the young guys behind the counter are basically useless.
    That’s been my experience as well in my last 2-3 trips to FOC. Ignored and And when I finally do get someone to serve me the guys don’t have a clue and can’t answer my questions.

That video was in extremely poor taste and regardless whether FOC or some other entity made it, it was played at an FOC event and they are ultimately accountable for it. FOC is the closest gun store to me but I will not be shopping there anytime soon. What they need to do is come clean on this incident and apologize profusely to both Tenda and their customers. We know gunnies have a long memory and until FOC comes clean this tasteless stunt will follow them.
    "For me, the action is the juice."

People get offended way to easy... Who cares honestly, it's just free publicity for tenda. Is it enough to make me not buy something from for foc? Hell no

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast