Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Who won the GOLDEN BULLET AWARD??

TSE JR Cox won alright, he won the banning the Swiss Arms award.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hunter View Post
    I think the place that got Swiss arms to go from nr to prohibited shouldn't be allowed to win
    yet there are people who support him with money and votes. the golden bullet is now the prohib award.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Scotty454's Avatar
    TSE is the closest gun store to me, and I'll happily drive right by on my way to CSC. The fact that they won this over shops like CSC, Wolverine, TNA, Bullseye, Wanstalls, etc is ridiculous.

Let Freedom Ring With a Shotgun Blast!

This is a reminder to all of us to get out and vote in the upcoming federal election, as well as encourage others to get out and vote Trudeau out of office.

I voted Bullseye.

The Shooting Edge is an indoor range first and a small store up front second IMO. Their webstore is awful to navigate compared to pretty much everyone else out there . They probably sent out the mailchimp email to all the range members and asked them to vote. I'm in Alberta and rarely buy something from here. Bullseye is definitely in my top 3 sites to buy from. I'm in shock that JR won this.
    "Any idiot can piss on the floor, but it takes a real hero to sh!t on the ceiling." - Maclean Maclean

CGN Ultra frequent flyer krausb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by .308ACADIAN View Post
    This is a reminder to all of us to get out and vote in the upcoming federal election, as well as encourage others to get out and vote Trudeau out of office.
    This is exactly the lesson! Elections are won by whoever gets their voters off their asses and out to vote.

Now, I would be curious to know how many of the people that are angry/disappointed that TSE won voted themselves? I don't think this contest was widely known by the community at large so it makes sense that whoever reached out to the larger customer base would win...

I actually voted for Al Flarhaty's as I have has several awesome transactions with them this year. But that said, I would not have known to vote at all had I not received an email from TSE asking me to vote for them. I haven't had a membership there for years so they must have dusted off their old email lists to try and get the word out.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    No doubt!

I did not vote on this, but like many others I'm surprised JR won. Must have been a lot of members from the range voting for them, you don't hear a lot of people raving about their store...
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Scotty454's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by krausb View Post
    This is exactly the lesson! Elections are won by whoever gets their voters off their asses and out to vote.

Now, I would be curious to know how many of the people that are angry/disappointed that TSE won voted themselves? I don't think this contest was widely known by the community at large so it makes sense that whoever reached out to the larger customer base would win...

I actually voted for Al Flarhaty's as I have has several awesome transactions with them this year. But that said, I would not have known to vote at all had I not received an email from TSE asking me to vote for them. I haven't had a membership there for years so they must have dusted off their old email lists to try and get the word out.
    It was a tough decision, but I went with TNA. Wolverine was right up there, as was Bullseye. All 3 have been consistently awesome to deal with, I've just had the most interactions with TNA. And their emails make me laugh.

Let Freedom Ring With a Shotgun Blast!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by krausb View Post
    They had a very strong campaign to encourage customers and range members to vote for them. Facebook, email lists, etc. I don’t think other dealers put that much into it or gave it that much thought. JR wanted to win and set out to do so.

Did you vote? See, this is exactly how he won. He sent his customers the link and they voted.

I wonder wouldn’t say it was rigged, I’d just say he wanted it more than the other dealers wanted and put the effort into getting word out to his customer base.
    Funny how the classy dealers didn't beg for recognition...

Well put!

Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    No doubt!

I did not vote on this, but like many others I'm surprised JR won. Must have been a lot of members from the range voting for them, you don't hear a lot of people raving about their store...
    Id love to see the final vote tally. How many cast, and by how many did he win. It could very well be that this was decided by less than a few dozen votes.
    Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods. HL Mencken. 1919.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer krausb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron SS View Post
    Funny how the classy dealers didn't beg for recognition...

Well put!

Id love to see the final vote tally. How many cast, and by how many did he win. It could very well be that this was decided by less than a few dozen votes.
    Oh, definitely. While most reputable dealers would be honored to win an award based on customer voting, they are also not quite so desperate to feel legitimized (or maybe re-legitimized?) by the shooting community.

And I agree, it would be very interesting to see the actual vote count. not just to see the margins but also to see how many actual voters there were in total.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast