Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Got my GSG-16 today what a pile of

Would be interested if a solid mp5 airsoft stock would fit on?
    And if I put on a solid stock could we shorten the barrel any?
    It is not left vs. right; it is government vs. you. When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.

Also looking for a fixed stock.

But as far as I understand it we can't chop the barrel even we install a fixed stock, it has to come that way from the manufacturer in order for us to be able to chop the barrel... someone correct me if I'm wrong.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer tharkhold's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wal-Mart Greeter View Post
    Also looking for a fixed stock.

But as far as I understand it we can't chop the barrel even we install a fixed stock, it has to come that way from the manufacturer in order for us to be able to chop the barrel... someone correct me if I'm wrong.
    correct.

The barrel has to be originally manufactured in the length you want. Does not have to be a specific manufacturer... A person could built it from scratch and it would be ok. The key here is that the barrel(s) can't be modified/altered from an already existing barrel.

I'm looking to see if gsg-5/522 short barrels would work on the -16.

Any business: I see an opportunity here for someone to manufacture these short barrels from blanks... wink wink
    'nada

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by tharkhold View Post
    correct.

The barrel has to be originally manufactured in the length you want. Does not have to be a specific manufacturer... A person could built it from scratch and it would be ok. The key here is that the barrel(s) can't be modified/altered from an already existing barrel.

Any business: I see an opportunity here for someone to manufacture these short barrels from blanks... wink wink

First time i hear this,what i heard is you cant chop it yourself,you have to go trought a gunsmith to be legal ?

Quote Originally Posted by tharkhold View Post
    correct.

I'm pretty sure you could pay a gunsmith to do it..

There are shops that cut sks barrels to 18.6", I don't see why this would be any different (As long as the total length remains over 26.5 inches)
    EE Ads: $100 insurance will be included on every packaged I ship. Additional insurance is optional for the buyer to purchase

This is a totally different issue than a barrel being >18.6”. This is about OAL. For it to be NR it must come that way from the manufacturer.

CGN Regular
    This is a totally different issue than a barrel being >18.6”. This is about OAL. For it to be NR it must come that way from the manufacturer.
    Ok and if you buy an aftermarket barrel,what could be happening ? if you get arrested and wanted to prove you bought it aftermarket ?

I think to be more specific, A manufacturer, not The manufacturer, Dlask could make up short barrels legally. I'd love to have a shorter barrel with either the factory stock pinned , or a fixed H&K type non folder/telescopic.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Paul_1982's Avatar
    Attachment 305158

In other words- it has to come from GSG with a shorter barrel and oal over 660mm to be kosher. Replacing the barrel is still a no no.
    CSSA and CCFR member

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_1982 View Post

In other words- it has to come from GSG with a shorter barrel and oal over 660mm to be kosher. Replacing the barrel is still a no no.
    I disagree with that interpretation that swapping a factory part with a factory part creates a prohibited firearm. The 2 examples of alterations (sawing and cutting) indicate alterations as "modifies an existing" part. Otherwise anyone with a restricted AR-15 swapping from a long barrel to a short barrel creates a prohibited AR-15 (to refute a common rebuttal: if something is prohibited first it can't be restricted, so just because an AR-15 is prescribed restricted you can still make it a prohibited firearm), or if you have a regular old restricted 18" M1 carbine 36" OAL swapping to the paratrooper stock creates a prohibited firearm as it is about 25" OAL.