Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Got my GSG-16 today what a pile of

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by OkayShooter View Post
    Doesn't have to come from GSG. Look at the 10/22.. You can buy a 8" barrel from Dlask, and slap it on it. As long as the barrel is a manufactured to that length, not one cut down to length and for that gun. And you keep it 26" OAL, it's a NR. Back in the day there was 8" krinker plinker kits. 8" barrel with folding stocks,you could register it as a restricted and allow the stock to stay folded, or could pin the stock from closing and be a NR.

So if say Dlask makes a 10" barrel for the GSG that is a drop in. You could slap it on, as long as you pin the stock to maintain 26", you're good.
    Exacly,imagine all of the 10/22 being outlaw rifle out there,make no sens that the GSG 16 would be prohib slapping a shorter barrel on it with a non forlding stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Danfizz View Post
    Exacly,imagine all of the 10/22 being outlaw rifle out there,make no sens that the GSG 16 would be prohib slapping a shorter barrel on it with a non forlding stock.
    Which is totally fine IMHO. The problem is you were specifically saying you were going to cut down the barrel or have it cut down by a gunsmith... which is illegal.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Wal-Mart Greeter View Post
    Which is totally fine IMHO. The problem is you were specifically saying you were going to cut down the barrel or have it cut down by a gunsmith... which is illegal.
    Ya that part was understand,because to have example an sks and want to shorten the barrel to 18.6 you have to go trought a gunsmith,and if you do this by a gunsmith for the OAL it's illegal,what kind of non logical laws we have ..>.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by tharkhold View Post
    Just gonna leave these here...

SOOOO much better than the stock, stock. Also feels sturdier when shouldering it.

The stock rails are metal, the OEM ones aren't. My gun's now 87% plastic and 13% metal.. lol

https://www.evike.com/products/28357/. 10$ USD shipping got it to me within a week.

This stock does go forward more than the OEM one, you'll have to cut off a little section so it clears the ejection window. (You can see this in the first pic)

Next step, 'fixing' those front rails/guard so it look better.
    Was the stock a straight drop in change?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer tharkhold's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ted_dent View Post
    Was the stock a straight drop in change?
    'yes'. you unscrew the oem one, and screw this one in with the same screw. Note that you will probably have to dremel off 1/2" of the stock arm that covers the ejection port. As stated, it take a little more effort to slide it in/out, but after a while I guess it gets easier. Also note that there is not stopper for this, if you swing the locking lever in the open position, you can pull the whole stock out of the body. It's easy to slide it back in though.

For 35$, nothing I've noted is a deal breaker.
    'nada

CGN Ultra frequent flyer tharkhold's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danfizz View Post
    First time i hear this,what i heard is you cant chop it yourself,you have to go trought a gunsmith to be legal ?
    Where did I even use the word (or something even close) to "chop"??
    Last edited by tharkhold; 09-14-2019 at 08:46 PM.
    'nada

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by tharkhold View Post
    Where did I even use the word (or something even close) to "chop"??

I didnt mention that YOU say's so,i was shock to learn that the OAL was not the same deal as reducing a sks barrel.

Two versions of a butt stock rail delete/cheek riser I'm trying out. I'm leaning towards the small version... It actually puts my cheek in the perfect position for the TRS-25. I take back what I said earlier in the thread, a cheek riser can definitely work... Also hides that section of rail nicely. I like this better than an airsoft stock. I'm gonna try a different angle on the rear end of it I think. The small one seems to work just as well as the big one as a cheek riser, surprisingly... Opinions?

i like the smaller one!

[/QUOTE]

i want the smaller one for me please if you can make some more i am in for sure .