Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111214 ... LastLast

Thread: Got my GSG-16 today what a pile of

delete
    Last edited by JeffMan; 05-01-2020 at 06:10 PM.

Got mine today!!!

Full disclosure- it’s VERY plastic. I definitely don’t mind I knew that going in, other than that, quick red dot mounting (just put it on for pic haven’t tried to see where I want it) and can’t wait to hit the range. 4 more mags to be delivered this week too.

Attachment 303839
    Attachment 303840
    Attachment 303841
    Attachment 303842
    CSSA and CCFR member

Attachment 303845

And with its big brother:
    Attachment 303846
    CSSA and CCFR member

Quote Originally Posted by MikeEng View Post
    I'm on the fence for this so bad@!@

Would you recommend this as first 22lr? Basically just say yes so I buy it....also I'm gonna use you as an excuse when I have to explain this to my gf hahaha
    Umm ya best first 22 ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Zen_Seeker View Post
    Any sling points?
    Does not appear to have sling points.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer geologist's Avatar
    I'd slap a single point sling on it.
    "Conservation is the mark of a dying civilization. When your technology is not increasing at the same rate as your population growth you are done. Bring on the next contender.".

That’s a slick looking piece. Like it a lot! Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeEng View Post
    I'm on the fence for this so bad@!@

Would you recommend this as first 22lr? Basically just say yes so I buy it....also I'm gonna use you as an excuse when I have to explain this to my gf hahaha
    Oh hells YES man, and then let your gf shoot it - because this is hands down the funnest .22 I've ever come across! Yes the mag capacity contributes much to the experience of this rifle, but it's simply just a cool toy all around. I put ~400 rounds on the first day - more time spent loading than shooting of course - without FTF nor FTE issues at all with SV CCI and Federal Blacks. I didn't try subsonic but will have to next time, cuz the rifle already makes a very cool poof poof sound on discharge. I would say the entire setup is 90% ABS; the metal parts are all internal based on casual observation. The safety selectors are colour coded white, red, and yellow, which I'm not a huge fan of, but thankfully they are mere dots and require close up observation to notice. There are no ready sling attachments to speak of. Out of the package, I have to say the fun feels very much like an airsoft gun and somewhat toy-like.

Once locked and loaded on the range though, this thing is fun as hell!! It's no precision shooter; I'd say ~2 MOA groupings out to 50yrs fairly consistently, shooting from bench rest. The gun is very AR-like in that it feels direct-impingey with the blowback action - and the receiver emits the familiar AR click on every round. The factory sights are more or less useless and I expect the plastic pieces to break off in time given my personal carelessness. A red dot is highly recommended, though most certainly will cost more than the gun itself. One surprise to me is that the charging handle does not lock back on the last round, even though the bolt does... that is, you have to pull the charging handle back and up, then slap as usual and the bolt releases. I suppose this is how MP5s work too and I must have missed this in over a thousand watches of Die Hard, as it caught me by surprise so much that I thought mine might have been defective; alas, the described procedure works every time.

I had so much fun with this over the weekend that I didn't even bother to shoot the VZ below - cuz 5 rounds suck when you can spit out 20 for a fraction of the money! I am so convinced of this keeper toy that I intend to get x2 drum mags. It will be truly off the hook! Thank you again IRG!

Last edited by SteelFlint; 09-09-2019 at 10:21 PM.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead

Quote Originally Posted by Danfizz View Post
    YES ! actually it's no brainer since is the first MP5 look alike non-retricted in Canada,come on make the move !

I have not finish with her yet,she scream went i will grow up i want to be a MP5 clone ! lolll

Your welcome lolll
    Sellers remorse years ago, I actually owned a HK 94, which I sold to a moderator on CGN, still own a HK91

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by scubadawg View Post
    Sellers remorse years ago, I actually owned a HK 94, which I sold to a moderator on CGN, still own a HK91

but they are both prohib by name right ? (lucky you for having it)