Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121315 ... LastLast

Thread: Got my GSG-16 today what a pile of

Yes both a 12(5) classification

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by scubadawg View Post
    Yes both a 12(5) classification
    Excuse my ignorance,being prohib they stay's in the safe,no range fun with them, right ?

Great to know. I'm looking to sell my Ruger .22 for the GSG-16.
    Thanks for the post.

Wouldn't it be cool if a 9mm version based off this platform was released and nr. I dont see why not. Thats what I would go for.

Quote Originally Posted by FarmerDanz View Post
    Wouldn't it be cool if a 9mm version based off this platform was released and nr. I dont see why not. Thats what I would go for.
    If they did it with the MP40 in both 22 and 9mm, then I don't see why they couldn't do it for this!! This in 9mm might be really cool. Depends on how crazy long and stupid looking the 18.75" barrel and shroud would make it. That extra 2.5" might not be too bad on a rifle that looks at home with a faux suppressor.

What would be really great on the 22 version is one with a stock fixed in the open position so that the overall length was only 26.25"!!!! That way the barrel could be chopped by 8" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bet that would almost get rid of the faux suppressor and look a lot more like a real MP5!
    Last edited by Smitsauce; 09-10-2019 at 09:18 AM.

I've had nothing but bad ammo with golden bucket; stay far away!

Quote Originally Posted by Danfizz View Post
    Excuse my ignorance,being prohib they stay's in the safe,no range fun with them, right ?
    Yes, safe queens

Well I actually think a 9mm is a terrible idea. Suspect that the current receivers would not handle a 9mm charge (MP40s have a lot more metal on em) plus a centerfire cartridge would mean a 5 round pinned mag. There are much better 9mm SMGs out there imho e.g. Scorpions and B&Ts. Just my thinking anyway.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." - Margaret Mead

Quote Originally Posted by FarmerDanz View Post
    It would be awesome. The downfall is that these are classed as rifles, and in 9mm, it would be 5 rounds only.
    "Any idiot can piss on the floor, but it takes a real hero to sh!t on the ceiling." - Maclean Maclean

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge_DL View Post
    It would be awesome. The downfall is that these are classed as rifles, and in 9mm, it would be 5 rounds only.
    Well with the whole re-design to add more metal and beef it up to handle the 9mm cartridge, they could of course make it compatible with glock mags to make it appeal to everyone that has those pistols or PPC's that take those mags as well.