Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161719 ... LastLast

Thread: Got my GSG-16 today what a pile of

CGN Ultra frequent flyer tharkhold's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyblt View Post
    Does anyone know the weight with the rails off?

Thanks
    4.7lbs (with mag attached)

Quote Originally Posted by randyhub View Post
    Anyone know if there is a fatter faux can to replace the factory skinny one? Can HK style picatinny metal sights be swapped with the plastic factory sights?

rear sight can be removed, and im sure some plastic (or metal+dremel) would make those ring sights fit. Front one seems to be integrated with the front part/rail.

I think I like it better with the rear sight off... that front one's next (maybe).

Last edited by tharkhold; 09-11-2019 at 08:27 AM.
    'nada

Quote Originally Posted by ih8ipods View Post
    Hell no glock mag, proprietary mags , then release a 9mm pistol version, then supply the 10rnd pistol mags. It would look dumb with glock mags. And this kinda thing is all about the aesthetic.
    Still think it would look pretty cool with 33/10 Glock mags! Think of if a UMP and an MP5 had a wee bebe!!! LOL

Whatever they do if they do do it, they would have to make it 10 round legal in Canada for it to sell well here in my opinion. PPC's are a blast to shoot, but only if they are 10 legal. I had one (BRS99) that only took 5 rounds, and I have to tell you that for a plinking, fast shooting fun gun, 5 rounds puts a HUGE damper on it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Smitsauce View Post
    Still think it would look pretty cool with 33/10 Glock mags! Think of if a UMP and an MP5 had a wee bebe!!! LOL

Whatever they do if they do do it, they would have to make it 10 round legal in Canada for it to sell well here in my opinion. PPC's are a blast to shoot, but only if they are 10 legal. I had one (BRS99) that only took 5 rounds, and I have to tell you that for a plinking, fast shooting fun gun, 5 rounds puts a HUGE damper on it!!!

if building from semi-scratch, make it so luger snail mags fit in it
    'nada

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Smitsauce View Post

I don't care if the mag is re-purposed yogurt container as long as it legally holds 10 im in!!
    The best time to buy a gun was 40 years ago, the second best time is today.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer squidxm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmcc View Post
    I don't care if the mag is re-purposed yogurt container as long as it legally holds 10 im in!!
    It’s the little things in life that please us.

Quote Originally Posted by squidxm View Post
    It’s the little things in life that please us.
    that's what she said

haha
    'nada

Quote Originally Posted by tharkhold View Post
    lol... gun indeed looks better with the rails off
    Yes I think so too. It’s got that old school sub gun look. With the full length top rail it looks a little too modern for me. Looks perfect from the side with the top off but when looking down from the top it looks like a piece is missing... kinda bugs me.

So I made a cover plate to make it look a bit more finished without the top rail. Experimented with a few different textures and contours but square edges and no texture seems best to me...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wal-Mart Greeter View Post
    Yes I think so too. It’s got that old school sub gun look. With the full length top rail it looks a little too modern for me. Looks perfect from the side with the top off but when looking down from the top it looks like a piece is missing... kinda bugs me.

So I made a cover plate to make it look a bit more finished without the top rail. Experimented with a few different textures and contours but square edges and no texture seems best to me...

Can you make me one of those top covers??
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bfiles View Post
    Can you make me one of those top covers??
    lol.. x2

WMG': did you slide any generic piece of plastic that you drilled hole in??

I'm also contemplating cover plates, but i'd go the 'design and 3d print' way . I'd probably also design an
    'mp5 front sight receptacle' as part of the piece.

I can't wait for my replacement stock for this thing to arrive.. I don't like the stock, er, stock.
    Last edited by tharkhold; 09-11-2019 at 06:33 PM.
    'nada

I measured the gun with a micrometer, modelled it in Fusion 360 and 3D printed it. I don’t mind making a couple more if you don’t mind paying for the filament. Shoot me a PM if you like.

I want to shoot the gun tomorrow and make sure that area above the charging handle doesn’t get super hot. I can’t see it getting hot enough to warp the PLA but we’ll see. I’ve got the day off and a 800 rounds of CCI Mini Mags lol