Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181921 ... LastLast

Thread: Got my GSG-16 today what a pile of

Really no point upgrading the rails to metal. It’s a .22LR. You’re just going to make it front heavy and point weird for literally zero added benefit. Keep in mind the body of the gun is polymer... your custom machined rails will still be screwed into plastic lol

Before you get carried away with metal parts I suggest holding the gun. It really points so well being so light.

I have removed my rear sight and removed the front site post (not the outer ears) and that gives me a perfect sight picture with the red dot.

The title of this thread had me a little worried... Glad I took the time to read through lol.... So it seems like maybe you guys should be looking at my sales threads so I can sell some stuff, and be a little closer to getting my hands on one of these guys lol. These look fun

Any preference for mounting a red dot? Trying to decide if I should mount it low and remove the sight posts, or put a riser in?

does anybody with a lathe plan to make a thicker diameter barrel shroud that can slip under the handguard for an mp5sd look?
    “... and they who cried: “Appease, Appease!” are hanged by men they tried to please.”

So I dumped 400 rounds through this gun today. So much fun. I had an absolute blast! Also, this is the highest quality GSG I've ever seen. I had ZERO failures in 400 rounds. Literally zero. I've owned .22LR's 4x the price of this that failed more. I'm impressed.

On another note, it turns out the barrel is so far away from the fore-end area that almost no heat is transferred to the fore-end/handguard. ABS would be overkill for my top rail cover. I've produced a few extras and they are available in the EE first come first serve. IRG, if you feel this breaks your rules please delete. No offence intended.

GSG-16 Top Rail Cover in the Rimfire Parts EE

Last edited by Wal-Mart Greeter; 09-12-2019 at 07:23 PM.

Any of you guys figure out what the Pic Rail on the butt stock is for? Don't think i read it in the thread although I could be mistaken. Ever since I saw a video on youtube, I've been giddy for mine to come in.
    "What do you mean I can't buy a machine gun"

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by floman View Post
    Any of you guys figure out what the Pic Rail on the butt stock is for? Don't think i read it in the thread although I could be mistaken. Ever since I saw a video on youtube, I've been giddy for mine to come in.
    I was thinking I might make a ABS cheek riser. Made one for my .223/5.56 Vermin rifle. Heat gun, hacksaw, and a few files to shape. 3' x 1 1/2" ABS pipe from any hardware store. Will probably need to pin it so it stays put on the rail though.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer bfiles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wal-Mart Greeter View Post
    So I dumped 400 rounds through this gun today. So much fun. I had an absolute blast! Also, this is the highest quality GSG I've ever seen. I had ZERO failures in 400 rounds. Literally zero. I've owned .22LR's 4x the price of this that failed more. I'm impressed.

On another note, it turns out the barrel is so far aware from the fore-end area that almost no heat is transferred to the fore-end/handguard. ABS would be overkill for my top rail cover. I've produced a few extras and they are available in the EE first come first serve. IRG, if you feel this breaks your rules please delete. No offence intended.

GSG-16 Top Rail Cover in the Rimfire Parts EE

Ordered!!!!!! I actually might need 2. Gonna talk to a buddy
    CSSA CCFR PROUD MEMBER
    "Sleep in bliss Pops"!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zen_Seeker View Post
    I was thinking I might make a ABS cheek riser. Made one for my .223/5.56 Vermin rifle. Heat gun, hacksaw, and a few files to shape. 3' x 1 1/2" ABS pipe from any hardware store. Will probably need to pin it so it stays put on the rail though.
    I thought about a cheek riser. The only problem is that the butt is so small/short. Maybe I have a big head or something but my cheek actually contacts the rails not the butt stock. Any cheek riser that would fit me would have to be big enough that it would keep the stock from contracting fully back into the gun.

I actually have no idea what the damn thing is for. I'm convinced picatinny rails are multiplying like an STD, they're everywhere. Manufacturers are doing it like it's some kind of feature when it's not...

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Wal-Mart Greeter View Post
    I thought about a cheek riser. The only problem is that the butt is so small/short. Maybe I have a big head or something but my cheek actually contacts the rails not the butt stock. Any cheek riser that would fit me would have to be big enough that it would keep the stock from contracting fully back into the gun.

I actually have no idea what the damn thing is for. I'm convinced picatinny rails are multiplying like an STD, they're everywhere. Manufacturers are doing it like it's some kind of feature when it's not...
    I'll need to have it in my hands first but after seeing the locking paddle/switch for the stock I was thinking of a shape along the lines of the Millennium Falcon, rounded over. The V or opening in the front would not impede the function of the paddle.

But until I get my hands on one it's just an idea.

Zen