Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Holy Price Increase!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Armourall's Avatar

Holy Price Increase!!

I was looking at purchasing a Frankford Arsenal Platinum Series Case Prep and Trim Center on the weekend from you as it said you had 22 available and they were on sale for $230 I believe from your regular price of $254 or something like that. I went today to pull the trigger and the price of those same in stock 22 units is now $319.99. Wow! These units were in stock so the dollar had nothing to do with it. Even if the sale was over and the price was $254 I would have purchased one but I guess I'll keep looking. What happened??

The USD happened

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Armourall's Avatar
    But it was already in stock.?? It didn't just arrive from their supplier this is why I'm like ????

sometimes when you own a business, when you sell product, you intend on buying more. If it was less then MSRP was previously, it would be fine, probably passed onto you, the consumer.

But other times, when the dollar AND future stock seems impossible to get, you must charge closer to what it would cost to acquire another one. Some choose to adjust their pricing prior to running out, others can have the luxury of not doing this.

In a covid world of small business, i think you can be rational and have some understand,

Now, if you had chosen to call someone or perhaps go in store maybe they would honour their previous price? who knows, you got all mad and this is what you chose to do

I feel you have a fundamental misunderstanding of how a business works

Quote Originally Posted by Armourall View Post
    But it was already in stock.?? It didn't just arrive from their supplier this is why I'm like ????
    have you forgot that most gun busineses are taking a massive hit right now? OIC? weak dollar? What about the fact that they may not be able to get stock to fill the shelves?

CGN frequent flyer
    Business seems to be pretty good actually though, specifically in regards to the influence of covid though. They just charge what they can and that’s that.

Sometimes manufacturers dictate retail prices. Whether or not that's the case here...if you don't like the price, don't buy it.

CGN frequent flyer
    He doesn’t seem mad at all to me, he just said that he’d hold off. That’s a big price increase, he’d be best served by calling and asking them.

CGN Regular
    Buy or don't buy. Sometimes business owners want to eat a steak dinner sometimes too. If they make 1$ on every item it's hard to keep the lights on

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast