Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Troy 102 rifle received!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloedman View Post
    There’s a tiny storage compartment in the grip, I’m figuring on stuffing a bore snek in there. The grip texture is fantastic, it’s on par with an FNX9 pistol, no slipping here.

The butt stock is a little weird, I’m probably going to change it to a Fab Arms. It slips off my shoulder very easily and although the storage compartment is big enough for tactical Skittles, it’s not enough to keep it on.

One interesting thing; when I smacked the mag home on the first load, the bolt went into battery. It surprised me but only did that the first time, I tried duplicating it but couldn’t.
    I like Troy's pistol grip too, and agree that their butt stock is lacking in ergonomics. I wondered why folks tended to keep them on rifles like the PAR, it's bulky but seems to expose a lot of bare receiver extension even when collapsed. The adjustment lever is also awkward.

It would take quite a slap to disengage the bolt catch by striking the bottom of the mag, but a sharp spanking motion on the buttpad should send the BCG home

nice!
    Mac.

Since you are in B.C. and they only started shipping, how did you handle one next to a Stag? I don’t think the B.C. ones have arrived yet.

Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by regulus View Post
    I held one next to a stag10 and still feel its like a upgraded bcl102.

I sent you a PM. They were assembled and test fired then the upper was removed for shipping.

Let me know if it doesn’t go in and we’ll get it sorted out for you.

Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by King0265 View Post
    Got mine today, open it up quickly and didn’t have much time. The front pin went in fine, the back pin near the stock will not go in and there is a pretty big gap between the upper and lower. I even took out the BCG and charging handle. Still nothing. I’ll have a closer look tomorrow but something is wrong. Not impressed.

I just received mine on monday and put my first rounds through it today, for some reason i had ejection issues, less when using the magazine that came with the gun but quite frequently when using the model xcr pistol magazine. it tended to jam the next round in before ejecting the first one. Is there any fix for this or is it just a bad investment?

CGN Regular
    ^^^ I would consider trying multiple magazines and finding which work best with the individual rifle. Purchase accordingly.. You can always sell your investment.

CGN Regular
    XCR pistol mags are junk. They are in desperate need of a self leveling follower. The rounds come up at an angle and cause issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian-Sniper View Post
    XCR pistol mags are junk. They are in desperate need of a self leveling follower. The rounds come up at an angle and cause issues.
    HHMMMM, I have four i use exclusevely with my stag ten and have had zero issues??

Just had my first problem with my rifle today. Midway through a box of American Eagle, my firing pin broke. I guess it’s either a remarkably hard primer or just poor metallurgy in the pin.

https://imgur.com/gallery/DT8FyRP

CGN Regular SuperDeadlyAccountant's Avatar
    Imgur is the best image hosted; no nonsense, free, available to everyone, and resizable. They even premake the links for you on each pic and you can choose the thumbnail size. I find that "huge" fits the can dialog box just right. Fyi, the linked image is under BBCode in the link options.
    You need guns to do righteous work, Ajay… for every gun is a bible, for every bullet… a sermon. And he said to them ‘God forth into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole of creation.’

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast