CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17

Thread: The Musings of a Wolverine. August Edition

  1. #11
    CGN frequent flyer
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Berta
    Posts
    1,724
    Quote Originally Posted by KePet View Post
    [B]I have always loved haying, I think it is one of the best jobs in the farming!

    Obviously, you have always done it a different way than when I grew up in Northern Saskatchewan. It always seemed to be +30. And we did square bales onto a bale wagon pulled behind the tractor. Throw them once onto the wagon and then again to stack them. Load the wagon to a ridiculous amount. Then back to the yard to unload and stack them again.
    Same way I did but one thing is for sure... it sure makes the beer taste good!

  2. #12
    Business Member Rep Wolverine .303's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Lattitude - 49.89617 | Longitude - 100.85384
    Posts
    1,150
    Quote Originally Posted by KePet View Post
    [B]I have always loved haying, I think it is one of the best jobs in the farming!

    Obviously, you have always done it a different way than when I grew up in Northern Saskatchewan. It always seemed to be +30. And we did square bales onto a bale wagon pulled behind the tractor. Throw them once onto the wagon and then again to stack them. Load the wagon to a ridiculous amount. Then back to the yard to unload and stack them again.
    Sounds like home right there. SW MB but yes square bales made haying ever so fun. Stook em' 5 in a bundle off the back of our New Holland 275 Square Baler, then a flat deck would follow along with our 2940 JD picking them up and slapping them on the trailer. We would sort and stack as quickly as possible and get them back to the yard.. Of course you stack them as high as the loader can lift them on the back of the trailer.... is there really any other way to do it?
    - .303
    Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com
    www.wolverinesupplies.com

  3. #13
    Super GunNutz KePet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Redneck Central
    Posts
    1,158
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine .303 View Post
    Sounds like home right there. SW MB but yes square bales made haying ever so fun. Stook em' 5 in a bundle off the back of our New Holland 275 Square Baler, then a flat deck would follow along with our 2940 JD picking them up and slapping them on the trailer. We would sort and stack as quickly as possible and get them back to the yard.. Of course you stack them as high as the loader can lift them on the back of the trailer.... is there really any other way to do it?
    By hand is how we did them. One at a time. Made for a dang long day, but I have to admit, you didn't stay a gangly 13/14 year old for long. And yeah Jay, the beer did taste good.
    My wife calls me a pessimist. I claim I'm a realist. But I'm probably just an a$$hole with an attitude problem.

  4. #14
    CGN frequent flyer
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Berta
    Posts
    1,724
    Quote Originally Posted by KePet View Post
    By hand is how we did them. One at a time. Made for a dang long day, but I have to admit, you didn't stay a gangly 13/14 year old for long. And yeah Jay, the beer did taste good.
    Man this thread is bringing back some memories!

    And making me thirsty...

  5. #15
    Wolverine Supplies - CGN Sponsor Mr Wolverine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Manitoba. Canada
    Posts
    570
    Quote Originally Posted by VinnyQC View Post
    Your dog is really cool. I wish I could have a dog.
    Thank you, Sammy is very special to me, she follows me everywhere, a great companion. I have always owned at least one dog, they have all been very dear to me. Our dogs have always been farm and/or hunting dogs, so although allowed in the house most of them have always slept outside, even in a Manitoba winter. None of my dogs have been alowed upstairs. Sammy sleeps on the floor beside the bed, upstairs, not sure how she managed that, but she did it!
    John Hipwell
    Wolverine Supplies
    Phone: (204) 748-2454
    Fax: (204) 748-1805
    E-mail: John@wolverinesupplies.com
    www.wolverinesupplies.com


  6. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    73
    Glad to see your getting the hay up, rains been a major problem here and now its unseasonably cool so when it's not raining the it's hard to get it to dry. Thank god for haylidge

  7. #17
    CGN Regular HOSSONE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Southern Ontario
    Posts
    599
    Guns,tractors, good dog, open land and a wife that steps up to get it done! What more could you ask for......oh ya and a Unimog definitely need a unimog!

    Always look forward to your posts, thanks for sharing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •