Thread: Buying First Firearm/Restricted Online, Question about ATT

Buying First Firearm/Restricted Online, Question about ATT

So I recently acquired my RPAL last week, I placed an order online from Ontario to get my first handgun, I sent the vendor my membership info, PAL number and relevant info. They initiated the transfer and it has completed, the package is now in the mail.

My question comes in the way of, does the process of the vendor doing a transfer and registration of the firearm initiate an automatic ATT for me, or is the ATT something I have to go do myself. Regardless I sent out an email to the ATTN of my province (Alberta) CFO stating my range membership info, my PAL number, my transfer reference number, and asked for both an emailed copy of the transfer paperwork and for an ATT.

Is there any other step I should take, or just wait for everything to come in the mail?

Thanks!

In a few weeks you will receive a new RPAL card in the mail, yes that's right, you just got your RPAL card and they are now going to send you a new one, silly I know but that is how they do it. Your brand new RPAL will have your terms and conditions electronically attached to it, including your ATT. You do not have to phone in for an ATT once you have your new card. There will also be a piece of paper with the card, you must carry the paper with you also, just stick it in your wallet with your card.
    The only good lefty is a Stag Arms lefty