Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LAR 15 20/10 in Canada 23.94USD

Quote Originally Posted by Scotchline View Post
    There are no 10 round that are riveted because the law says they must be designed for pistol use. A riveted mag is simply viewed as an altered rifle magazine. Welcome to Canadian gun laws... it makes no sense .
    Do you have a source on this that I can look at?
    I don't see what the difference is between riveting these and crimping them from a manufacturing perspective, as both crimping AND riveting is viewed by the law as a legitimate way to permanently modify a magazine to conform to our current laws & regulations.

A riveted mag is simply viewed as an altered rifle magazine.
    How does that make sense when we can freely order 33 or 17 round glock mags that are riveted to 10 rounds?

Cause it's a pistol mag... No different than a regular pinned mag.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by demopeng View Post
    Let me try to rephrase my question then, because I think it was misconstrued:

What is the reason why these LAR 15 20/10 round magazines are crimped instead of riveted.
    I won't buy crimped mags, but if you released this same magazine with a rivet (instead of the crimps), then I would buy a bunch.
    It's cheaper to crimp.

Legally, they could be riveted, as they are just 20 rounds pistol magazines. As you said, the same as any pistol magazine can be pinned or crimped, from a legal POV, these could be either pinned or crimped, but it's easier/cheaper to crimp these particular magazines than pin them. Glock magazines would be nearly impossible to crimp due to their material, so they are pinned.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dexter Morgan's Avatar
    For those who don't like the crimp;

What is your beef with crimping?
    I am genuinely curious. I have never used crimped mags.

At first glance; They look much nicer than rivets.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter Morgan View Post
    For those who don't like the crimp;

What is your beef with crimping?
    I am genuinely curious. I have never used crimped mags.

At first glance; They look much nicer than rivets.
    Can’t replace followers. Can’t adjust to be 10.5. Can’t unpin if travelling to free country or in the event our laws change to be more reasonable
    pandering to paranoia produces pointless prosecutions of people

+1 for 20 or 30 round xcr mags. They would sell like hot cakes

Do you have a source on this that I can look at?
    I don't see what the difference is between riveting these and crimping them from a manufacturing perspective, as both crimping AND riveting is viewed by the law as a legitimate way to permanently modify a magazine to conform to our current laws & regulations.

How does that make sense when we can freely order 33 or 17 round glock mags that are riveted to 10 rounds?
    There was a thread here not too long ago about this. I'm having a hard time finding it.

There was a thread here not too long ago about this. I'm having a hard time finding it.
    Do you remember the result? Was it companies thinking this was the legal requirement? Or was it just to save a few pennies like another member mentioned?

In order for the LAR-15 magazine to be 100% compliant with the RCMP. The manufacturer has to have designed and built it for that intended purpose. A pinned magazine is not compliant. The only manufacturers that are authorized by the RCMP to build the LAR 15 magazines are ASC and C Products. Both of which we carry.

Do you remember the result? Was it companies thinking this was the legal requirement? Or was it just to save a few pennies like another member mentioned?

Flat rate shipping to Canada is 25.00USD on all accessory and ammunition orders regardless of quantities ordered. Firearms are exported to Canada at a flat rate of 25.00USD per firearm.

The IRUNGUNS Team

www.irunguns.ca
    www.irunguns.com

More LAR 10/20 mags please

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12