Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: SIX New Modern Sporter Models!

Oh my, that MS-LCR is tempting! I've already got my order in for an MS receiver set and I'm in the process of figuring out the rest. I have a general idea on parts for most of the rifle and so far I've only purchased a couple items for the build, but, this is a b.e.a.uuuty. And would relieve the rest of the stress that has been going into compiling the list for my first rifle. *sigh* What to do?!

Quote Originally Posted by hannibal.black98 View Post
    ...these are NR?

I thought the NR versions had a side charing handle?
    The MODERN VARMIT has the side charging handle, the newest production; MODERN SPORTER does not. Both NR

checked some of these out at taccom, gorgeous rifles! and the donations from the sale of the ccfr version is a great idea
    “... and they who cried: “Appease, Appease!” are hanged by men they tried to please.”

CGN Ultra frequent flyer hawk-i's Avatar
    Do they come with any accuracy guarantees?

CGN frequent flyer hannibal.black98's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by d.kurp View Post
    The MODERN VARMIT has the side charging handle, the newest production; MODERN SPORTER does not. Both NR
    That is awesome!!!
    Glock people... *face palm* - Valaden (I love it!!!) ---- In NO way and at NO time is your airsoft gun ever a "beast" LOLLL ----
    Team 7.62x51mm - Multicam Black Gang - .45Auto holes > 9mm holes -

CGN frequent flyer hannibal.black98's Avatar
    Question...

Are these pins "normal" AR15 style push pins? Or do they do/have the annoying feature the B&T APC 223 does where the front pin is locked?
    Glock people... *face palm* - Valaden (I love it!!!) ---- In NO way and at NO time is your airsoft gun ever a "beast" LOLLL ----
    Team 7.62x51mm - Multicam Black Gang - .45Auto holes > 9mm holes -

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hannibal.black98 View Post
    Question...

Are these pins "normal" AR15 style push pins? Or do they do/have the annoying feature the B&T APC 223 does where the front pin is locked?
    The modern Sporter takes down in the same way that the modern Hunter and modern varminter did, meaning you pull the standard front pin and slide the upper forward before it can be lifted off the lower as the rear lug engages on a cross pin but the cross pin does not pass through the rear lug.

The modern series of rifles has been designed so that the bolt carrier group protrudes from the rear of the upper, making it impossible to hinge open as well as fit the AR opposing receiver. This is a big part of what allows it the non-restricted status.

In the modern Sporter the rear takedown pin typically comes fixed but upon request can be made to have a detent so you can run standard rear takedown pins as it helps the takedown process with some drop-in trigger packs.
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

How is the run that was scheduled for aug- Sept going, on schedule?

Quote Originally Posted by cman View Post
    How is the run that was scheduled for aug- Sept going, on schedule?
    they are beginning shipments in the next week or so, as the sets come back from anodizing.

they've been bombarded with phone calls and emails by some extremely important people asking for updates on individual serial #'s

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    not really in the market for the modern sporter but damn ATRS..... those are some nice packages.
    If I was in a buying mood.... that Titan model would be my pick

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast