Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: SIX New Modern Sporter Models!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ColinD View Post

They've also made it abundantly clear that calling and emailing them for updates on an individual basis delays the whole production. Those of us on the early end of run #2 are approaching a year, I bet we would have them by now if it weren't for the impatient few.
    Really? So the guys working on the production lines have to drop what they're doing to answer phone calls and emails? It all makes sense now!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Silencer View Post
    Really? So the guys working on the production lines have to drop what they're doing to answer phone calls and emails? It all makes sense now!
    Its a 3 person shop, so essentially... the answer is yes.

If there is someone in store, and someone on the phone, the shop staff are only working at 33% productivity.

Not saying comms aren't important, but the constant distraction of emails, phone calls, and drop in's when there is no new news and the answer remains the same day in and day out would definitely be frustrating when the time could be used to maintain equiptment, do QC, pack for Ano, etc. while the machines are hopefully humming away smoothly in the background.
    Last edited by onetwentyish; 09-20-2019 at 04:37 AM.
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

Quote Originally Posted by ColinD View Post
    I think that the boys at ATRS have been doing a great job communicating and update everyone on this forum who are waiting on their MS's.

They've also made it abundantly clear that calling and emailing them for updates on an individual basis delays the whole production. Those of us on the early end of run #2 are approaching a year, I bet we would have them by now if it weren't for the impatient few.
    Or if they just hired someone to answer phones and emails so they could focus on the task at hand like any other shop...sounds like an excuse to blame customers for there short comings..."please stop calling us, we have to stop all machining when the phone rings..." give me a break.
    Still love these guys and the work they do, but if they can't figure out how to fix the " work on guns and answer phone problem" than that's an issue that needs immediate resolve.
    It's hard to even fathom having a business and telling customers not to call, email, or show up because they are busy....
    Also I would buy receivers and complete guns right now if they were available, I guess I'll just watch the EE instead.
    Last edited by cman; 09-20-2019 at 06:50 AM.

CGN Regular
    This forum is filled with whiny people.
    Canadian Gun Cucks

Quote Originally Posted by cman View Post
    Or if they just hired someone to answer phones and emails so they could focus on the task at hand like any other shop...sounds like an excuse to blame customers for there short comings..."please stop calling us, we have to stop all machining when the phone rings..." give me a break.
    Still love these guys and the work they do, but if they can't figure out how to fix the " work on guns and answer phone problem" than that's an issue that needs immediate resolve.
    It's hard to even fathom having a business and telling customers not to call, email, or show up because they are busy....
    Also I would buy receivers and complete guns right now if they were available, I guess I'll just watch the EE instead.
    They've addressed everything you and the other whino are complaining about in other threads on their CGN forum page. If you guys were really interested in finding out what their process and reasons for doing things a certain way, you'd go back and read those threads instead of being narcissistic.

The MS isn't the only product they make or cater to, they still have other customers and projects. They simply asked for everyone to be patient and have been forthcoming with MS updates as they happen.

I'm not whining, merely stating a fact, that if you have to stop working to answer phones you are not operating a business properly, also blaming customers for delays is poor form.

In all fairness they never blamed customers for delays, they simply stated that they have limited resources and that giving people individual updates over the phone or email would only further limit those resources. This is why they've been so active on the forum, so they could provide blanket updates to everyone interested enough.

Rick has stated numerous times that he does want to expand the business, and grow both in Workshop space and in personnel employed by the business, as the demand is there for it with the production of the modern sporter at this time. But he has also stated and many of us who are business-minded completely agree that it would be ridiculous to make such an investment in either this close to an election that could make or break a business such as his. So simply put we are in a position of wait and see and make a decision whether to grow or hold based on what becomes of the election.

Hiring someone to respond to emails and inquiries and take phone calls and manage the retail floor isn't that easy of a process. You can't hire a student or someone who's there for just the paycheck because it is such a specialized industry for the most part. In order to give meaningful responses the person has to be involved/knowledgable in the processes that go on in the shop.

People need to realize that while communication is nice that if there is nothing of substance or to update on, it might as well not exist.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by onetwentyish View Post
    Rick has stated numerous times that he does want to expand the business, and grow both in Workshop space and in personnel employed by the business, as the demand is there for it with the production of the modern sporter at this time. But he has also stated and many of us who are business-minded completely agree that it would be ridiculous to make such an investment in either this close to an election that could make or break a business such as his. So simply put we are in a position of wait and see and make a decision whether to grow or hold based on what becomes of the election.

Hiring someone to respond to emails and inquiries and take phone calls and manage the retail floor isn't that easy of a process. You can't hire a student or someone who's there for just the paycheck because it is such a specialized industry for the most part. In order to give meaningful responses the person has to be involved/knowledgable in the processes that go on in the shop.

People need to realize that while communication is nice that if there is nothing of substance or to update on, it might as well not exist.
    Thank you!! Great post and saved my typing/trigger finger a work out.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    Thank you!! Great post and saved my typing/trigger finger a work out.
    No problem rick, just wanted to keep your team busy working so I can get my batch 2 lowers sooner... hahaha

Maybe if I keep this up you'll find some time to make a batch of a modern Sporter lowers with modern varmint Ambi bolt releases...
    Last edited by onetwentyish; 09-20-2019 at 12:38 PM.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast