Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Area 51, Will they stop everyone!?!?

Uber Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by angrysoldier View Post
    The real truth is in Utah.
    Tell us more.

This thread should be renamed "super true military secrets".
    "He who dares not offend, cannot be honest."
    - Thomas Paine

"Oppression maketh a wise man mad"

Uber Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by rcharb View Post
    im a drywaller and i approve boosting troops morale with monster.
    As someone who often sees drywallers in their element, I believe this is standard practice in your trade
    "He who dares not offend, cannot be honest."
    - Thomas Paine

"Oppression maketh a wise man mad"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    I wonder if he even could if he wanted to? I recall seeing something on tv, I want to say a documentary style tv show that was about the search for proof of aliens, that claimed there is something like 20 levels of top secret in the US military system and the Prez is only at like level 9. Of course that's what some guy on the internet remembers from some TV show well over a decade ago, that talked about mysterious guys in black showing up on the doorsteps of people who were trying to get to the bottom of all this...
    Absolute complete and total BS. Not only the president has an absolute level of classification, he also has the absolute authority to declassify anything from any classification. Trump could legally walk in there with a camera crew broadcasting live and nothing could stop it.

That was never a problem, or even a point of discussion before 2016 when trump was elected. For every president before trump, the only criteria to classify or declassify any information was the good of the country (maybe with the exception of Nixon). They sometimes got it wrong, most of the time got it right, but that's how they went. And normal presidents don't want to know, and don't have the time to know the useless (but fun) stuff. Keeping stuff away from the president is only a subject of conversation when the president bases every decision he makes on what's good for him, not for the nation. And it has absolutely nothing to do with aliens.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    You're part of the conspiracy. The real truth is in Alaska.

Quote Originally Posted by VinnyQC View Post
    Absolute complete and total BS. Not only the president has an absolute level of classification, he also has the absolute authority to declassify anything from any classification. Trump could legally walk in there with a camera crew broadcasting live and nothing could stop it.

That was never a problem, or even a point of discussion before 2016 when trump was elected. For every president before trump, the only criteria to classify or declassify any information was the good of the country (maybe with the exception of Nixon). They sometimes got it wrong, most of the time got it right, but that's how they went. And normal presidents don't want to know, and don't have the time to know the useless (but fun) stuff. Keeping stuff away from the president is only a subject of conversation when the president bases every decision he makes on what's good for him, not for the nation. And it has absolutely nothing to do with aliens.
    I absolutely don’t believe the president has total access or the highest level of classification. In reality what do I (or you) really know, but I see the president as a figurehead and I imagine there are things above them. If not every president knows exactly what’s in Area 51 and every other top secret facility. I just don’t believe that’s true. to say they don’t have time to know the secrets of Area 51 or the likes is crazy lol. If they have time for a golf trip I damn well think they would make time to find out the worlds most interesting secrets

Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    I wonder if he even could if he wanted to? I recall seeing something on tv, I want to say a documentary style tv show that was about the search for proof of aliens, that claimed there is something like 20 levels of top secret in the US military system and the Prez is only at like level 9. Of course that's what some guy on the internet remembers from some TV show well over a decade ago, that talked about mysterious guys in black showing up on the doorsteps of people who were trying to get to the bottom of all this...

If these people did try to storm area 51, it would probably only take one or two dead people before the entire crowd says #### this I'm out! No need for mini guns, just a sniper or two would likely be enough to repel the hordes. It reminds me of that old adage about one man with one crossbow being able to defend against 100 unarmed men - he can only kill one of em but nobody wants to be that one guy...
    What legal basis are you thinking of that would deny the president...whom the military reports to, whatever information he wanted from them?

Quote Originally Posted by All in fun View Post
    What legal basis are you thinking of that would deny the president...whom the military reports to, whatever information he wanted from them?
    We are ignorant to think the president knows all. Its need to know basis IMO. Hell even during the iran contra scandal it wasn't proven that Ronald even had knowledge money was diverted to fund the contras. As far as secrets go, that's much more low level than advanced tech/black operations. Presidents are temporary. 4-8 years max. Im sure there are people that have been involved in these operations for WAY longer. If I was a betting man (I am) Id bet the Pres doesn't know the half of it. Just my uneducated opinion though.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer savagefan's Avatar
    Denver airport.
    Former Ford Fan

CGN Ultra frequent flyer themarauder's Avatar
    There's nothing at Area51 but cardboard cut outs of guards. The military moved everything to Area 52, just outside of Springfield, years ago. The last bus stops there.
    "Obviously a registry makes it easier to prohibit firearms," said Wendy Cukier (Coalition for Gun Control) - Right from the horse's mouth.