Thread: CC IUR's and Spare Parts?

CC IUR's and Spare Parts?

So I haven't heard or seen much so I'm not sure what's in the works. I just wanted to ask about parts and IUR's. So I wanted to get another 3rd gen 15.7. Is Nordic ordering more uppers? If not I can buy the striped one. But where I can I find the others parts? I know parts are usually stripped from complete rifles. But I don't see CC heat shields, gas blocks, gas tubes, port doors and forwards assists anywhere. I know item inquiry threads can be nuisance sometime but I'm just curious. Thanks!
    I may not be smart a Man... But I'm smart enough to know Criminals don't Obey Gun Laws. ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Business Member Nordic Marksman's Avatar
    Aiden,

I dont know of anything in the works. We have had MRR's and complete Ambi + stripped lowers on order from Colt Canada since May. No ETA yet.

We have

15.7" SAS Barrels
    third gen SAS IUR's (for the 15.7" barrels) these come with the nuts and required roll pins
    IUR dust door kits
    Forward assists, use the one from DPMS... they are identical.
    Gas tube, use a normal carbine length one (a bent one works fine)
    Gas bolck, any low profile .750 gas block will do the job.

We cannot source the forward assist, gas blocks, gas tubes or heat shields from Colt Canada. At least, not at this time.

The above will get you up and running. Hopefully at some point, Colt Canada will give us the straight tubes, heat shields and gas blocks to
    make it 100%

Cheers

Thanks for the reply! I wasn't aware normal gas tubes worked. I thought some of these parts were proprietary.
    I may not be smart a Man... But I'm smart enough to know Criminals don't Obey Gun Laws. ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by Nordic Marksman View Post
    Aiden,

I dont know of anything in the works. We have had MRR's and complete Ambi + stripped lowers on order from Colt Canada since May. No ETA yet.

We have

15.7" SAS Barrels
    third gen SAS IUR's (for the 15.7" barrels) these come with the nuts and required roll pins
    IUR dust door kits
    Forward assists, use the one from DPMS... they are identical.
    Gas tube, use a normal carbine length one (a bent one works fine)
    Gas bolck, any low profile .750 gas block will do the job.

We cannot source the forward assist, gas blocks, gas tubes or heat shields from Colt Canada. At least, not at this time.

The above will get you up and running. Hopefully at some point, Colt Canada will give us the straight tubes, heat shields and gas blocks to
    make it 100%

Cheers
    Just for my own clarity: Will the MRRs accept bent gas tubes and the low pro .750 gas blocks? Not that mine is anywhere near worn out, but for future reference.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    FYI an IUR barrel will take standard low pro gas blocks and tubes. The IUR forward assist is no different than any other forward assist.

Business Member Nordic Marksman's Avatar
    Dsiwy is correct.
    Bent gas tubes fit and work fine along with a low profile gas block.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordic Marksman View Post
    Dsiwy is correct.
    Bent gas tubes fit and work fine along with a low profile gas block.
    I haven't inspected it much but can IUR's accept non CC barrels? if so what would be the shortest length you could use with longer 3rd gen IUR upper?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Aiden26 View Post
    I haven't inspected it much but can IUR's accept non CC barrels? if so what would be the shortest length you could use with longer 3rd gen IUR upper?
    Yes you can use other AR barrels in the IURs, you will require the IUR barrel nut however.