Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Application taking too long? TRY THIS !!!!!!! Mandamus

Quote Originally Posted by RYoung View Post
    I got my license in the mail 1 week after I received the call from the CFO. Which is odd, I thought it would take longer since it was remembrance day long weekend. Unless it was approved before the CFO called me?? I'm not sure. But if you're really eager to buy something, you can call in, ask for your license number and expiration, and buy online.
    Hey @Ryoung this is an interesting story. I know of two people who are waiting 7-8 months now with no updates other than "the application is sitting with the CFO for further review". I wonder if mentioning that being advised to perform a "writ of mandamus" would put them into gear to expedite the application? It seemed to work in your case?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by RYoung View Post
    An update:

I did call the CFO's office yesterday morning. a very bright, happy woman answered my call, I gave here my info so she could pull up my file as requested. She told me the CFO is looking at it. I told here I've been waiting for almost 2 years. She asked if there was anything that would be of concern?
    The correct answer to that question is YES, I HAVE BEEN WAITING TWO YEARS FOR MY APPLICATION TO BE PROCESSED, and YOU ARE THE ONE PROCESSING THE APPLICATION, DO YOU SEE ANTHING IN THE APPLICATION THAT IS A CAUSE FOR CONCERN THAT MIGHT EXPLAIN THE HOLD UP?

Quote Originally Posted by hsatimmy View Post
    Fill out an access to info. Request, using an ID as proof so you don't have to pay.

Enquire into what data Rcmp has on you.

Within a few months at most you will get a PDF CD in the mail
    Took me 9 months to get mine. Interesting, but mostly underwhelming. Like when they redacted parts of the license application that I filled out because I wasn't entitled to possess information that I had provided to THEM.
    Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods. HL Mencken. 1919.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123