Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Silverdale

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Amorosi View Post
    Membership for 2020 season is already full
    Is it posted anywhere? How do you know? I'm waiting for my RPAL and I'd hate to see that happen since this is the best range by far that's remotely close to me being in the GTA.

Quote Originally Posted by 1-trident-1 View Post
    you must be referring to the walk on's that shot over the berm , got the range closed, and eliminated walkons, and got the fees increased. bet they got off scot free.
    I have seen on several occasions where the police have rented out the 100/200 range and had waked down range and were shooting (not shooting from the benches as required by all other shooter). I am perplexed as to how they were allowed to do this as this could be a way for shots going over the berms. Makes me wonder about this apparent incident of bullets being found on another property and possible sources of these bullets.

I agree we need to introduce new people to the sport but I stopped bringing guest to Silverdale due to the way the range offices would berate and talk/shout to/at people. It did not make for a good experience for guests to see this and it happened all the time. My guests were commenting on this too often so that's when I stopped bringing new people to this range. The atmosphere could have been so different and inviting to encourage new people to get into this sport but it was not the tone the RO set.

At $500 for a membership I will pass thanks. I will believe the 500 meter range when I see it. They have been talking about a 300 meter for years now and there still is no sight of it.

Quote Originally Posted by BoogalooNib View Post
    Is it posted anywhere? How do you know? I'm waiting for my RPAL and I'd hate to see that happen since this is the best range by far that's remotely close to me being in the GTA.
    Yeah. Basically if you live in the GTA, you're not shooting. Damn shame.
    CSSA and now - on Trudeau's recommendation - CCFR

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_B View Post
    unless your a gang member then you shoot anywhere anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_B View Post
    This is mildly true but not really at all. There are lots of options, and Silverdale was the last club I knew of that would let you walk on without a membership. Now you have to become a member, not a big deal.

There is also Target, Gagnon, Sharon.. and more.. https://gtaguns.com/gta-guns-roundup...es-around-gta/

some people are signing up at Dunnville gun club

Quote Originally Posted by john767 View Post
    They have been talking about a 300 meter for years now and there still is no sight of it.
    The project was stopped by the ministry of something-or-other because it was infringing on "wetlands", so the ministry claimed.

Quote Originally Posted by OldMagi View Post
    The project was stopped by the ministry of something-or-other because it was infringing on "wetlands", so the ministry claimed.
    ^^^^this^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by OldMagi View Post
    This is true and is what I heard as well, but now the plan is to reverse the range and have the benches on the wetland side and shoot the opposite direction. This is why it’s going to happen and I can’t wait. It’s like every rifle I have has a new life to live
    [/URL][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by mac100 View Post
    This is true and is what I heard as well, but now the plan is to reverse the range and have the benches on the wetland side and shoot the opposite direction. This is why it’s going to happen and I can’t wait. It’s like every rifle I have has a new life to live
    i heard this too from an orange shirt over the weekend -

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast